Doughboy Sidewalls bent at bottom rail and short to top

Jun 9, 2014
new york
Actually I have similar problem. I try to fix filled pool. Hired guy with bobcat who damaged little steel walls. I will straighten those walls but not to original exact dimmension.
What do you think? If walls will be bent little 1/8-1/4". After that will come foam. Will liner cover small dents? I plan also get some angle bars and weld extra frame to support everything btw.. I know best way would be install NEW walls but mine aren't rusted. Hope I could keep them

Mod note: This post was split from this thread:

Doughboy Sidewalls bent at bottom rail and short to top rail

Kim

Are you still trying to repair while it is completely filled? I would also suggest spraying some sort of paint/anti-corrosive epoxy where the dents are even if there are no breaks or rust spots. If there are weak spots, rust is probably around the corner.

If what I'm picturing in my head is what your planning, I think the added support to the frames and walls could work, but honestly if you could provide pictures you would probably get some GREAT responses from others who have tried similar repairs in the past.

Good luck with your project, I hope you get it all sorted out!

Last edited:
Pictures are worth a 1,000 words and are extremely helpful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.