Raypak digital heater problems

Feb 23, 2016
Tampa
I am new to the forum and new to swimming pools too.
My Raypak pool heater is giving me some troubles. The digital display shows REM off and pool temp.
It won't bring on the other settings- pool, spa etc.
I tried to reset it by holding down all three buttons- REM on will come on momentarily, but then will go back to REM off and won't let me do anything.
thank you very much for your help

Jay

Does it have 3 buttons on the control panel? If so hold all 3 down for about 10 seconds. When "REM" appears release the buttons. According to the manual this should turn your remote back on. This is assuming you have a remote panel (Spa side controller, in house, etc.)

I tried to reset it by holding down all three buttons- REM on will come on momentarily, but then will go back to REM off and won't let me do anything.
Jay

You have put the heater in remote mode, heater off. If you have automation, at this point, heater control is through the automation. If you have no automation, you are locked out (touchpad is disabled), in remote mode.

You should be able to exit remote mode by powering down the heater, power on the heater, and hold the three buttons (5-7 sec.) and you should get REM OFF. At this point you are back in charge.

Look closely! If you get REM oFF instead of REM OFF (see the difference??), you are still in remote mode.

Does this make sense?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone show me how to highlight text? All i can find is how to highlight the letters. (No use BTW!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.