Derryank from Boston

derryank

Gold Supporter
Apr 4, 2015
Boston MA
Hi everyone,

New pool installed towards the end of last year...and no swimming done! LOL...This we already knew and cant wait for the 2016 season.

We installed a Hybrid pool---half in and half out---or otherwords, The Foxx Ultimate Pool---it's a saltwater for the kids etc...(the installer sold me tbh).

All this said, I'm very curious on which pool cleaner/robot to purchase for the upcoming season. I will say that we have some steps on the pool also, so i'd imagine that the robot would need to be strong enough, torque, to manoever around the entry steps and the walls of the pool.

Oval pool with steps- 15ft x 30ft--3ft to 6ft deep.

Any recommendations and valuable information, previous experiences is greatly recommended. I will say the only thing I know thus far is that Dolphin appears to be the most reliable and trustworthy product out there....possibly looking to spend in the $600 range.

Thanks everyone. Have a wonderful day.

HI! So glad to see you! Boy do I have a great place for you to start! Look here:

Pool Cleaners

You can read threads and do a search in the box at the top for LOTS of info.

We would LOVE to see your pool so we really understand what you are dealing with.

I can't wait to see your thread in the forum!

Kim

Hi Kim, thanks for the link.

Here are a couple of pictures. My concern is the walls and steps....notice the ramp in the deep end that may allow the robot to climb the said wall.

Thanks for all your help....I've a feeling I may be hanging out here foe the next decade or so :)Pool steps.jpgPool without water.jpg

No cleaner will successfully keep your steps clean. Many will do walls but walls don't get really dirty.

The problem I see is a cleaner chugging up and down that pretty steep incline. I think you are going to have to try them one by one until you find one that will work......that means likely buying from a dealer and not online.

No cleaner will successfully keep your steps clean. Many will do walls but walls don't get really dirty.

The problem I see is a cleaner chugging up and down that pretty steep incline. I think you are going to have to try them one by one until you find one that will work......that means likely buying from a dealer and not online.
Thanks Duraleigh....I had no idea the incline was rather steep, I'll be sure to discuss with with the manufacturer reps when I'm seeking options/solutions with a recommended cleaner.

As you may have noticed, rather new with the whole pool thing. I'm still unsure if the pool above is deemed ABG or IG?

Many thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Derryank, That is what I call a very pretty pool!

Give us a shot from your back door looking at the pool and from the back of the pool to the house please. I would love to see how you have it set up. I also think it would be called an inground but am not sure. (I also just want to see more of it LOL)

How about you start a thread in "just getting started" so we can teach you how to balance your pool the right and cheapest way??? You will love it and your pool will look better than ever!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support