Spring is coming, need to finalize some decisions... Pool color first!

Feb 17, 2016
Burlington, MA
Hi!
We are in the process of building our first pool. Definitely wanting a natural-type feel. Curious if any of you have gone with "black bottom" pool colors. We are using Wet Edge, and can't decide between Prism Matrix Glossy Black and Satin Matrix Midnight Sea. I want a dark pool, but I'm afraid going too dark will make it look murky and maybe a little scary. ?
Anyone willing to share some pics?

Thanks in advance!
Christine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 147
We had one pool build indigo blue that turned out real nice. I cannot remember her user name. You might be able to find it doing a search in the search box at the top of the page.

As with any other plaster but ESPECIALLY with the darker colors the installers are what make the difference. A darker plaster may streak more if care is not used. Just something to think about.

I think it would be very pretty and help warm the water.

Good luck!

Kim

We went with a black bottom and it is great, we have no regrets. It is not murky, scary or any of the other ominous things people fear about black bottomed pools. :) I don't have any problem seeing the snakes that get in our pool. :shock: And I can easily see the screw heads in the main drain cover. It is a TFPC pool after all! It does make it very natural and interesting because darker bottom pools have a more reflective surface so the color varies a lot more depending the clouds, sky, etc. Lots of pics in my build thread, link in sig.

We went with St. Martin Shade by QuartzScapes. My wife and I debated about it for awhile. I wanted Anvil and she wanted St. Marin Shade. She won in the end and I'm actually glad she did because the color is really nice. I think Anvil would have been way too dark, especially when it is overcast or in evenings. Here's a pic from last weekend... Our pool was filled last week and we still have landscaping to do so look over that part. ;)

THrEEeY.jpg

Reactions: bonanza
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.