Hayward Tristar VS and reported energy consumption

Feb 2, 2016
California
Hi,
I have a Tristar VS pump that I installed a couple of weeks ago and have a TED (The Energy Detective Electricity Monitor) which monitors energy usage on a per circuit basis. I have the pump set to 1350rpm and it is saying that it is using 115w. The pump is wired up as 240v as that is the only option. The TED is measuring the circuit as 291 watts. Because of this large discrepancy, I bought a Fluke 373 clamp meter to measure the amps and to also calibrate the TED units. I got a reading of 0.8 and 0.9 amps for each leg of the 120v. The TED is measuring the line voltage at 128v, so that would mean I have 102.4w and 115.2w for a total of 217.6w. It looks as though the pump is only reporting energy consumption on one of the two legs. So it is essentially using twice the amount of energy it says it's using.

Has anyone else seen this?

I know nothing about your Tristar vs pump, but for reference my Intelliflo, running at 1400 RPM, shows 241 watts, which is about halfway between the TED readings and your calculated values.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.