Opened the pool today, and had to take pictures

MikeInTN

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Middle Tennessee
The pool's been closed roughly 6 months. I opened it this afternoon, and was a happy TFP'er. :mrgreen:

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

This is the winterizing plug in my lower return.
IMG_0383e.jpg

To say I'm pleased with the condition of the water would be an understatement. :whoot:

Butterfly said:
Yeah, that was my first thought, too. You've had this pool closed for 6 months while I've been busting my butt on mine and yours look better now than mine does?! This is just so depressing to a relative newcomer. I guess I'm going to have to start on Pool School again ...

Just kidding, of course. That's amazing!

Congrats!!! I started BBB last year and opened last week with clear water and a residual FC reading.... quite pleased! Swam today in 72 degree water. This week looks like a step backward though. You will be getting the same storms that I am anticipating.

ckoch1969 said:
Congrats!!! I started BBB last year and opened last week with clear water and a residual FC reading.... quite pleased! Swam today in 72 degree water. This week looks like a step backward though. You will be getting the same storms that I am anticipating.

What part of MO are you from? I am trying to hold off until May to uncover the pool, but if we get a lot more 70+ days soon, I think I'll have to give in :)

Congrats on the opening OP!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got the pool filled up enough to fire up the pump today, and did all of my testing. Here's my numbers:

FC - 4.2
CC - 0 (I couldn't believe it either! :-D )
pH - 7.2
CH - 100
TA - 80
CYA - 50
Salt - 2440

I've already got the pH up to 7.6, have some CYA in a sock in the skimmer, and have some salt around here somewheres. All in all, not too shabby a starting point. As Casey said in her thread, if you wanted proof that BBB works..here it is. :goodjob:

summersatthelake said:
Hey neighbors...I'm at the Lake Of The Ozarks. I am gonna wait 'till next week to open mine as the oak pollen is really heavy right now. Rain here today but I got a good pic of the sunrise the other day

Sweet Picture...what kind of Camera you shootin? The colors are just great...Please don't tell me you took that picture with just a regular camera...Most SLR's have to be on a tripod...apeture wide open and shutter as slow as can be...That is amazazzzzing as my son would say. Very nice.

MikeInTN said:
The pool's been closed roughly 6 months. I opened it this afternoon, and was a happy TFP'er. :mrgreen:

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

This is the winterizing plug in my lower return.
IMG_0383e.jpg

To say I'm pleased with the condition of the water would be an understatement. :whoot:

Mike...isn't it the greatest feeling to take the cover off and see the fruits of your labor: A beautiful sparkly clean pool. My Pool looked like that except for the few leaves that got in when I had a cover malfunction last winter...But man it is so good to have Good Chlorine levels...and know that you did a good job putting it away in the fall!!! This was my first winterization...Got a little help from Pool Mom...but it is so rewarding to open to a clean pool.

Yep, it sure is, especially since it's maybe the second time I've opened to clear water. You breathe a hugh sigh of relief, for sure.

Got me some new salt test strips, checked my salt level, added 50 pounds or so, and nothing changed on the subsequent test strip. Nothing like getting bad test strips straight from the pool store.. :rant:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.