Autopilot Nano not performing correctly

We use the Autopilot Nano to sanitize our small 10K gallon in-ground pool. It's not generating chlorine at present and I'm really doing some serious investigation as to why not. The unit is a little less than two years old and has been in continuous service for about 15 months. Right now the red error light is blinking. It says purifier off, check flow, or something like that. In reality, the flow is better than it's been in a long time, the filter is clean, the salt level is 3600 ppm per Taylor chemical test. The water temperature is 72 degrees. If I go through the Autopilot test functions, the screen tells me that voltage is 0 (zero) which makes sense if the salt cell is "off." It says the salt level is 1100 ppm and I should add a couple of bags of salt, and the temperature level reads 92 degrees. So, without getting too excited, I asked myself, what do these readings have in common?? They're all processed by the tri-sensor circuitry. I have a spare manifold with tri-sensor so I will install it this afternoon to see if the problem follows the manifold or maybe it's in the first circuit board where the tri-sensor cable attaches.

For the past two weeks, I haven't gotten excited or upset because for the past two weeks I've noticed that when the pump and chlorification system first start up, I could pat or thump on the lower right corner of the Nano case cover and the unit would start working fine and continue until the next day when the startup occurred. It sure sounds like a sticking relay or intermittent connection to me.

Where do I go from here. Have any of you had problems with the tri-sensor circuitry? Thanks for reading and please let me know if you have any thoughts.

Welcome to TFP! Not sure where Bonita Springs is (add your state so we know what climate you are in), but if your water is below 70*f then it is likely that your SWG is not performing well due to cold water. Mine gives erroneous salt errors, flow errors and temp readings as the water gets around 70*. I switch mine off at about 70* and use bleach.

He states his water is 72 so the SWG should not have any problems with the water temp. Something is wrong with the tri-sensor and since it is under two years old you should contact AutoPilot for service as it should be covered under warranty.

Hi, thanks for the info. I considered that, but failed to say that the unit did this a few times in July when the water temp was in low 80's. I watch it closely when the temp gets below 70 and do occasionally use some 3" tablets. Yesterday afternoon after I posted my request for help, I went out to check and everything was working fine. Two hours later the error light was flashing again. I'm leaning toward bad connections now... and will thoroughly dress up all the connections I can get to.

Oh, we're in Bonita Springs, Florida. I've tried to add the Florida to the profile a couple of times without success. I'll try again.

He states his water is 72 so the SWG should not have any problems with the water temp. Something is wrong with the tri-sensor and since it is under two years old you should contact AutoPilot for service as it should be covered under warranty.

I can't think of the guy's name at SaltPoolGuys, but in my few years of being an Autopilot user, I find him to be very informational. I didn't buy my system from him, so I will wait until I've exhausted all other possibilities before I consult him.

I can't think of the guy's name at SaltPoolGuys, but in my few years of being an Autopilot user, I find him to be very informational. I didn't buy my system from him, so I will wait until I've exhausted all other possibilities before I consult him.
His user name is JoshU and he is extremely helpful here at TFP! You might try to PM him.

Have you happen to check the screen in the loop with the cell? and make sure that it's not clogged up? Otherwise if under 2 years old should be under warranty & most common issues with them are the power boards on the wall unit.

Hi, yes, that's one of the first things I checked. It was clean... I scrubbed it with a tooth brush anyway. I'm trying to use this as a learning opportunity and want to try as many suggestions as everyday users come up with before contacting Josh.
That's like turning the back of the book and looking up the right answer. Yesterday afternoon it was working fine, which, to me, reinforces the intermittent contact notion.

- - - Updated - - -

His user name is JoshU and he is extremely helpful here at TFP! You might try to PM him.

Yes, that's it... Josh. Brilliant guy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.