Leak in cold, murky pool

Jul 10, 2014
Greenville, SC
Hi folks. I'm looking for advice on how to find a leak in a murky winter pool. We're pretty sure the leak is on the bottom of the vinyl floor, since we already have multiple patched rips in the aging liner, and don't see any especially wet spots around the pool or filter. Our problem is that the water is so murky that there is zero visibility, and it's also too cold to spend hours swimming around feeling for rips or displaced patches.

This is a really fast leak- we lost a foot of water overnight. Right now our well is holding out, but based on prior experience, it will take a couple of weeks to SLAM and clear the cloudiness.

Any ideas on how to approach this problem?

Well, this probably isn't what you want to hear, but my fix would be (and ours was, last fall) a new liner. :sad:

Trying to demurkify a pool leaking that fast is probably both a futile effort and a money pit with a trap door at the bottom...

I agree. If that liner has as much battle scars as you (Eastern) indicate, trying to fix it at this point might be futile. :brickwall: The only other thing .... is there a main drain? If so, close it off if possible to see if that helps. If it doesn't apply ..... it might be time for a replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.