10ml FAS-DPD test results will always be SLIGHTLY higher than 25ml?

brucehenson

Gold Supporter
Nov 27, 2018
Taylors/SC
As I have been working to dial in the run percentage of my SWCG it occurs to me that the 10ml FAS-DPD test will always be 0.1-0.5 higher than actual, is this a true statement?

Not a problem as this is close enough it’s just until this morning I was thinking in terms of +/- but I’m thinking now that it is actually always slightly over.

Good question. The 10ml test is a loss of precision and for most testing needs is not significant.
I would use the 25ml test if doing an OCLT. It's also a good idea for your situation.
I am guessing that the actual FC level could be both slightly higher and lower that when comparing the two procedures.

A smaller sample will usually result in a slightly higher reading because the last drop has to be exactly right, or over, to make the sample change.

So, the variability will be from 0 to 0.5 ppm for the 10 ml sample, and from 0 to 0.2 ppm for the 25 ml sample.

So, on average, the 10 ml sample will be 0.25 over and the 25 ml sample will be 0.1 ppm over.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.