SWG / PS-4 cleaning time clock question

Jaimslaw

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
San Diego, CA
SWG controlled by Aqua Logic PS-4. When a temporary power interruption to the panel occurs, does that reset the memory clock for the salt cell cleaning reminder function? My assumption is that the board has a memory chip that retains the settings, but does that also retain the clock that tracks SWG usage?

I would assume so. Manufacturer needs to take power outages into consideration when engineering that reminder. Otherwise, in some areas, you would never get a reminder.

I agree, it is a reasonable assumption that since memory is retained for the pool's other settings (timer, clock, etc) when power to the panel is interrupted, the memory for SWG useage would be as well. Might just be my imagination that its been a longer than usual interveal between that yellow service indicator light coming on. I'll probably give it a few more weeks to see if the service light appears - if not, I may just clean it and then gauge how long it was before the service light come on. If its more than, say, 5-6 weeks before I see that ligfht, I may have my suspicions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.