if you were buying a gas powered pressure washer.....

I've got a Kärcher 2400 psi unit that's about 15 years old. It was only about $250 and has served me quite well. When looking at pressure washers, consider pressure rating (psi), flow rate (gpm) and one of the most important things is what brand and size motor. Mine is powered by a 5 hp Honda engine. I personally prefer the Honda over a Briggs and Stratton.

With a $500 limit on your budget you will have a lot to chose from.

In that budget I would look at Sears rebranding of the Briggs and Stratton pressure washers, as Sears has a great 1 year repair warranty on such things where they will ship it off to be repaired at their repair center. I have one I bought there, replaced once the day I bought it due to a cracked fuel tank, repaired the next spring when it would not idle up / down correctly, no questions asked, turn around time was under a week. That was about 3 years ago, no trouble since then, just used it a few days ago. I do agree about liking Honda engines more than the B&S ones, but B&S also makes pressure washer (I think they bought out some other companies line of pressure washers 5-10 years ago).

Ike

p.s. I paid about $190 for mine, end of year clearance deal at Sears, regular price was just under $400, came with the spinning deck cleaner bonus, normally a $65 extra, real great accessory.

This is the pressure washer I bought a couple of years ago. When I compared washers, I decided this would be the best for the price, and what I wanted it to do. I haven't used it as much as I need to. It has worked great on my siding and my deck. Starts on the first or second pull. I also bought it from this site. Free shipping and no tax. It is also sold at most Menards and Farm and Fleet if you wanted to check it out in person like I did.

Generac 6598 3100 PSI Gas - Cold Water Pressure Washer

I would choose the Simpson Megashot 3100. Runs about 400.00 online.
Has a Honda Engine which is reliable and quiet, 3100 psi and 2.5 gpm
its hard to be a simpson perssure washer.

My next choice would be the Generac Model 6809.
You can adjust the pressure to between 2 and 3000 psi, which I think would be handy. 2.7 GPM.
also about 400.00 online.

I just got an email advertising this one. Looks like a real bargain. 3000 psi, 2.5 gpm, Honda engine, $270 with free shipping. And with Costco, if it arrives and you don't like it you just take it back to your local store and get your money back. Check it out.

PowerStroke 3000 PSI Pressure Washer Powered By Honda

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.