Bubbler Nozzles, finally found some to fix our lack luster bubblers!

Killer95Stang

Aug 17, 2012
Sunny SoCal
So.. 2-1/2 years ago when our pool was built, we asked the builder for two bubblers on the Baja shelf. He did give us what we wanted, kinda... but I felt they never really looked good. The problem, all that was supplied was two 1-1/2" fpt threaded returns that were flush in the baja shelf. Because these outlets were so big, the water would only rise about 1 to 2 inches above the surface. For the past few years I looked for a return nozzle that would fit flush into the threaded return, so people wouldn't trip on them when walking on the shelf, but surprisingly their isn't much out there.

I forgot to mention, my baja shelf is about 12" deep, so these nozzle are now pushing through 12 inches of water then 6 to 8 inches above the water.

Finally, I found some bubbler nozzles from a company called Custom Molded Products, that fit all my requirements. Grey in color, 1-1/2" threaded and fit flush with the surface.

24zlyj4.jpg

Here's a video of them in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTRvAadJRdQ

Hopefully this will help someone in a similar situation.

Reactions: rachelpino
interesting idea. Out baja is more like 16" deep. We just have a white pvc with an eyeball sort of end to it, which is just two inches below the water level. But yeah, then there is a 15" white pvc pipe just sticking up. I like this idea at shallower levels.

interesting idea. Out baja is more like 16" deep. We just have a white pvc with an eyeball sort of end to it, which is just two inches below the water level. But yeah, then there is a 15" white pvc pipe just sticking up. I like this idea at shallower levels.

Might be worth a try. If you have small children, I'm sure those pvc pipes can be in the way at times.

Can anyone tell me if these bubbler nozzles are still around/available and what the product is called specifically? I would like these for our shelf. Our bubblers sit up higher and aren't flush. I have 2 young toddlers and flush fittings right now would be ideal. Thanks!

I could still only find it at swimcsi.com - I bough a gray one just about 2 weeks back thanks to Killer95Stang's recommendation in another thread. I've not installed it yet because I'm not putting my foot in even the 7" deep water when it is 60 degrees. It'll go in this spring. The shipping was more than the bubbler - but at least they have them. Be sure and look for a different color if you don't want gray http://www.swimcsi.com/cmp-1-1-2in-pool-bubbler-gray-25503-001-000.html

Perfect!! Thank you!! I looked at that website and couldn't find them. Thanks for the link!! I have the eyeball looking nozzles with the single open hole and they look terrible. I'm also afraid my kids are going to get their toes stuck in them as well as trip! This is great. And gray is what I need as well. Thank you!

anyone have any luck finding an online source for the CMP multi-tool (25590-250-000) that can be used to remove these shelf bubblers? We had 3 installed on our shelf but 1 of them is plumbed with the regular pool returns and I was wanting to put a regular pool return fitting on that one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The nozzle didn't make a huge difference for me in the height of the bubbler. I've lowered my pump speed since last summer though which is really part of the reason. I would say it is still probably equal to the eyeball that it replaced. I'd rather have the savings from a lower pump speed than a tall bubbler.

If all else fails it is much nicer having this lay almost flush on the floor of the ledge, vs the eyeball sticking up 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch, so I still consider it a win.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.