Bski224

Jan 18, 2016
Long island NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hey guys, is a heater necessary with an auto cover?? I live in Long Island NY, I'm about to go forward with my pool builder just curious if I can save a few grand and skip the heater if go auto cover??

Thanks to listening to my salesman at Swim King Pools Rocky Point N Y, i invested the money for both heat pump and auto cover. They have extend m swimming with my grand sons in 80 degrees from April thru October. We closed last year on October 20 opened this year on April 14. I am grateful I did them both. Pool water remains clean and warm. On colder nights the temp will drop less than half of what it would without cover. Once temps are 60 and above it is easy to get heated. I look at my pool outlays as investments in my family happiness, not as expenses. Serenity now. Go for both!

Thanks to listening to my salesman at Swim King Pools Rocky Point N Y, i invested the money for both heat pump and auto cover. <clip> I look at my pool outlays as investments in my family happiness, not as expenses. Serenity now. Go for both!

What a lovely generous attitude :) Your family is very lucky.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: CinJean67
Hey guys, is a heater necessary with an auto cover?? I live in Long Island NY, I'm about to go forward with my pool builder just curious if I can save a few grand and skip the heater if go auto cover??

We went with both on our Kansas pool, and love them... autocover keeps the critters out, protects on windy days, and helps preserve some heat... heater lets us keep the pool a therapeutic 93 degrees through spring and during fall... love it!

Our pool went in last May and we used the heater to get it up to temp, but rarely had to fire it throughout the summer. Used it from mid September until we closed the pool mid October. We opened this year almost a month ago and are still using the heater on days when we want to swim. The cover is amazing at retaining heat. The kids also love it when we leave the cover on on a hot day and swim in the evening. Reeling back the cover to feel the top foot of water at hot tub temperature then sinking down into the cooler (but still warm) deep end is refreshing. We bought the cover more for safety, but the lower chemical usage and heat retention are big bonuses. A heater for a WI pool is almost a must have either way.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.