Adventures of My Green Murky Mess

Just a warning D E filters will clog up quickly so you need to net as much gunk as you can. You mileage may vary but bE prepared to backwash a couple times a day.

Yep, been able to tell when I no longer hear the waterfall cascading that it's time; then verified with the gauge reading.

Performed another backwash this morning and more brushing. Added bleach to keep up the SLAM and it's looking pretty good.

25128078276_e949cf6527_c.jpg

Your filter is going to do most of the work clearing the pool. It looks great though. Huge difference since yesterday. Keep brushing!

Thank you all!

So I woke up this morning and the water is clearing up nicely. Brushed walls, tiles, vacuum hose, etc. and added a gallon to keep up the SLAM process. The filter shows normal readings and circulation is perfect.

I am however noticing that plant debris is being thrown into the pool from the return jets.

24544107614_6fb3aefbdd_c.jpg

I've vacuumed it all up but then it slowly makes its way back into the pool. Suggestions?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you have stuff bypassing your filter and getting back into the pool it could be that you need to replace your spider gasket in your multiport valve.

This is normally an easy and cheap solution. Are you noticing water still coming out of the waste section of the multiport valve even though it is not turned to waste, backwash, or rinse?

I would think about back washing your filter to see if that helps.

Kim

Agree. I'd to a complete tear down and charge with new DE.
Okay, that might be my next step.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you have stuff bypassing your filter and getting back into the pool it could be that you need to replace your spider gasket in your multiport valve.

This is normally an easy and cheap solution. Are you noticing water still coming out of the waste section of the multiport valve even though it is not turned to waste, backwash, or rinse?
Geez, that's above the scope of my general pool knowledge. I don't know what does what when it comes down to valves. If I take some photos can you point me into the right direction?

Wonderful Job Knowledge! I'll be referring to this as a prime example of a good SLAM. A most excellent job. :goodjob:

I'd go with the suggestions above to fix the filter as one of those will get you sorted. Very nice!

A few days late but the latest update is that I performed another backwash and no more debris evident, yay!
Also performed the OCULT a couple days ago and the morning test showed no loss in FC so SLAM has been successfully completed. 11 total bottles of 8.25% used during the adventure.

24618209003_6903768708_c.jpg

I will continue learning on how to care for my pool and look forward to contributing to the site. You all rock. :rockon:
Thanks again.

When comparing your first picture to the last one, I have to admit I was amazed at both the speed in which you accomplished this miracle and the amount of bleach it took to get to the final result. Truly, wonderful job.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.