Counting Down! Southwestern Ontario

Hi Everybody!

So slightly jumping the gun here, but we're less than two weeks from closing on a beautiful house with a very nice indoor pool. In preparation, I sourced a K-2006 test kit (not easy at a good price in Canada), started watching the price on chlorine sources, and counting the days until it's ours!

Brief summary though, of the interesting points:

- tile lined, flagstone deck
- 15 x 30 foot rectangular, approximately 9 feet deep end
- pool heated with a heat exchanger circuit off of a natural gas boiler (the main home heater)
- enclosure heated as its own boiler zone, two radiators with convectors
- change rooms, sauna, restroom and shower in the pool enclosure
- attached to, but separated from the house by exterior windows and door
- tiles freshly acid washed and re-grouted with epoxy grout
- new sand filter

Anybody else in Ontario have a sense of the best chlorine prices? From what I have seen, Canadian Tire 5L of 10.8% at $5.99 is a leader, as well as Chlorox Concentrated (8.25%) on sale for $1.99 (regular $3.99) is the best I have seen.

I have done a ton of reading here and on other forums, since indoor air quality is a major concern. I'm confident that I can handle the chemistry, and I know that a well maintained pool doesn't smell - and now that I know the way things work, I'm not very likely to use public pools anymore.

Can't wait, and can't believe it's going to be ours!

If you have been reading here at all you KNOW the first order of business will be sharing pictures with us! I would LOVE to have your set up! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to swim all year.

Good job getting a good test kit NOW so you are ready to go when you get your hands on the keys!

Kim

Would love to see the pool as soon as you close.