Pool closed two seasons - question...

dannyboy

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2008
Denver, Colorado
Hello all,

Haven't posted for a long time but I wanted to ask any advice on my situation. I lost my home for several months to my ex and the pool was winterized from October 2014 (in Colorado). I has remained closed all this time and there is a window now I may be able to get the automatic cover back to see how it looks.
Would you suggest to open and close the pool again as I seem to have this window or just leave it now for the season? (vinyl liner)

My only fear is the skimmer as there was ice in it but I had a gizmo. Just unsure how good they are at lasting that long? I'm thinking of getting the cover back and monitoring the water level to see if it drops now the ice is thawed but that may be a complete waste of time.
On a plus side, she's gone, I have my pool back and the frozen hot tub is not showing any signs of cracked pipes...

Thanks in advance

Danny

Welcome back Danny. Closed since 2014 huh? That should be interesting. I suspect the summer of 2015 is still under that cover in a frozen state. :) Well, it won't hurt to take a peek if you can - just to see what you may up against. But with a few weeks of potential freezing off & on, it may difficult to do too much. I don't think I would disturb the Gizmo at this point if it's still installed good. So much time has gone by that if it were me, I'd probably just wait and make sure I had plenty of reagent for your TF-100 or Taylor K-2006 as I suspect a SLAM will be in order once the water reaches >60 degrees and you finally do open. But hey, welcome back to your pool and TFP. :)

I would definitely leave this pool sleep until it's warm enough to actually work on the pool and open it.

Glad you have reclaimed your pool though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.