Cracked pool quartz after 1 day

My pool guy said this is normal The cracked went from one side of pool all the way across to the top of pool and cracked the black granite top. The pool quartz was done day before yesterday and the acid wash was done yesterday and the pool was filled last night. I cant imagine this being normal. Does this happen because the water pressure of what? Also is there an easy fix? Please help

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 66
Welcome to TFP,

While I don't know the proper remedy for this, it most certainly is not normal. There is no easy fix I'm afraid, and I cannot imagine someone saying a newly built pool cracking is normal.

I hear you! While not normal it does happen. And it is horrifying to have a crack in your new pool. My Pebblesheen got a crack within a week or two. My PB said it happens often enough and not to worry. Luckily I have know them for many years and trust them 100% for all things pool. He put some 2 part epoxy in the crack and it has been fine for years.

I don't know what the soil is like in San Diego. We have black clay here that moves a lot. Maintaining even soil moisture levels is critical to managing/minimizing soil movement. With all the drought we've had here that has been a difficult task. I had another crack develop over the summer that had to get some more epoxy. Gunite is more flexible than plaster is. So it is possible for the gunite shell to flex and not crack while cracking the plaster.

The first crack resulted in a water leak, the second one did not. The epoxy in the first crack stopped the leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.