Replacing pump motor/rebuilding pump/Newb help please

zoe17

Jul 31, 2015
TN
Have been reading and lurking for a while.

The home I bought last year has a 20x40' inground liner pool. Salt/Forgot my controller/cell model.
Pump is a Hayward SP3010X152AZ

The motor is a Emerson/ Model #- R63CXDRE-239/ 1.5/.18 THP/1.0 SF
Motor is two speed- 3450/1725 and 230V

Also has a Hayward Sand filter but I did not take a picture of the model #

When I bought the home I did not pay attention to the main pump motor leaking at the motor/pump seal. But it made through the summer and needs to be replaced. I have a separate booster pump for the Polaris cleaner, I believe it is 3/4 HP.

I am having a hard time finding a cross reference for the correct motor. I am not sure about the square/round flange. I want to order a pump rebuild/seal kit to replace everything when I pull the motor.

If anyone has suggestions on where to find a two speed motor like the one I need it would be great.

Next I will be looking at either rebuilding or getting a new filter. The pool is about 8-9 years old. I am getting a little water leakage on the filter top by the spider valve.

Thanks in advance for any links, or ideas. I am not really sure if I even have the correct sized motor and pump, because the homeowner before me seemed clueless about the pool. He just had it put in and called people when it did not work.

A picture tells a thousand words! It would be great if you can post one.

A quick led me to this...
Emerson Pumps Emerson Pump Motors 888-445-0821

See if you can compare your model.

A.O. Smith pumps are great, if you want you can switch to them. Just remember the old pump might be jammed with years of use and rust and corrosion. I ran into the same problem when I changed mine last month. Had to call the pros.

Going to be ordering a new pump motor in the morning. I have been reading reviews and researching motors for weeks. I am over thinking it, I think.

Here is a motor that I found. Can anyone suggest anything different? I have my timer setup that when power is on, low speed is powered. When time clock is clicked on it goes to high speed. Using a two pole motor rated switch between GFCI breaker and timer as disconnect.

I can can wire motor anyway it needs to be. But I feel like I am going to over pay for this motor. http://www.inyopools.com/Products/00000017069219.htm?Keywords=B975T.

Also will order a seal kit for Hayward SP3010X152AZ.

Thanks for the help.

Still,trying to decide where to buy from. INYO pool/ Leslie's /etc.

anyone have site/store they trust for ordering parts/motors,etc?

Will be be my first opening and will try the Slam from pool school.

10 years of prior owner not taking care of things is making it harder on the. Thanks for the help in advance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ended up getting a B2977, goingit2salt, and a new cover removal tool from INYO for less than $400. They tried to sell me a motor with a timer built on, it was $100 more. Me being a master electrician, I have my timers already set up. So saved $100

Looking forward to getting things together, deep cleaning filter and doing the chemicals the TFP way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.