Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: We opened our pool today!

1. Back To Top    #1

We opened our pool today!

First time opening using the BBB method and I couldn't be happier!! A *tiny* bit of debris (from closing last year) on the bottom, but otherwise, crystal clear!!

I do love the BBB method!!
    ~*Tricia*~
    ~Red Sox Fan 4 Life~ *Go Jacoby*
    My Pool
    24' Round AG Pool...52" high...13,500 gallons
    Hayward 1.5 HP Power Flo Matrix Pump and Sand Filter...BBB Method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: We opened our pool today!

Congratulations!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Excellent!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Beautiful Pool, beautiful water!
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Your pool looks great!! I opened mine last weekend, not so good... I have used bacqu for a number of years, at first it was great! More & more is seems to be getting harder to clear the water, it is cloudy, milky...no green. I am not sure what to do, stay with the Bacqu or try this method. I definetly need a cheaper method.

I would need a lot of hand holding to convert to Chlorine since I have never used it before. I am still reading the pool school information.
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Joelea
    Your pool looks great!! I opened mine last weekend, not so good... I have used bacqu for a number of years, at first it was great! More & more is seems to be getting harder to clear the water, it is cloudy, milky...no green. I am not sure what to do, stay with the Bacqu or try this method. I definetly need a cheaper method.

I would need a lot of hand holding to convert to Chlorine since I have never used it before. I am still reading the pool school information.
    Joelea,

Conversions are fairly straightforward, and you won't regret switching to Chlorine.

Please start a new thread when you are ready to post questions about your own pool, to avoid a "thread hijack" situation.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com