Help with Easytouch and schedules

Sep 11, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Hi all, I finally got my SWG fired up. My question is, I cannot figure out how to set multiple schedules. I want the swg to run making chlorine for only 4 hours a day right now. But I want the pump to boost up rpm to run my infloor for 3 hours then take rpm down low for just general filtration. I was able to build a schedule for the pump rpm etc. but I cannot figure out how to build the schedule for the swg.

Thanks all

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SWG will only operate during POOL or SPA mode. When you want the SWG to run, set a POOL schedule for that timeframe. Make a new feature circuit, i.e.:FLOOR CLEANER, set the pump speed and then program a schedule for the times you'd like it to run. The SWG will not be on during this time. For general filtration, you could make a POOL LOW schedule, set the RPM and then schedule the run time.

Azjoshers,

What Brian says is true, if... you wired your SWG through the pump/filter relay as you should have. Some people just rely on the flow switch inside the SWG to turn it on or off depending on the amount of flow, which you should not do. How is your SWG wired?

Jim R.

I will have to check on this... If it's wired through the flow switch it should start automatically if there is enough flow (rpm on pump high enough)? I do not think this is how mine was wired. Once connected it to the easy touch panel I turned on the system and the swg did not turn on with flow. It didn't power on until I changed the settings in the easy touch and turned it on.

The flow switch is completely independent of the electrical wiring and unrelated. It is a backup safety device. With automation, its not all that possible for the cell to be on without the pump running (barring there isn't some sort of major electrical or plumbing failure).

On your Easytouch panel, push the F relay button. What turns on?

The F circuit (Filter Pump) is your POOL schedule. The schedule for POOL is when your SWG will be on. If you want the SWG and additional features on (floor cleaners, etc) then the POOL schedule needs to overlap the feature schedule you'd also like the SWG to be on.

If I was you, I'd make a schedule for the floor cleaner (higher pump speed) and a schedule for general filtration (low pump speed) while having the SWG run the entire time (ie: Floor cleaner =12:00PM-3:00PM, POOL= 12:00PM-7:30PM). With the Easytouch, the circuit with the highest speed wins (when overlapped) but the SWG will still function so long as it is scheduled to do so.

From what it sounds like you are trying to do, you'll end up running the pump longer than what is needed. The SWG's chlorine production is the limiting factor for pump run time so base your schedule off of that not a certain turnover rate.

Thank you very much for your help. I think I have it set up. I have it set to run 1400 rpm from 800p-12a and 2600 rpm 12a-3am. I am hoping this should be good for now. I am sure I will have to add time on the low rpm ( for chlorine) once satan's "breath" takes over Arizona. (110-114 degree days 92 degree nights)

I am not sure what I'm doing wrong but I just can't get this thing to work. I just want to run the pump for 5 hours at 1400 rpm and for 3 hours at 2400 rpm. I can't seem to get the circuits/features or whatever to function properly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Go to Settings> Intelliflo> Speeds> Pool - set the RPM to 1400 and return to the menu
" ">Floor cleaner (or whatever you call it) and set the speed you want, return to menu

Go to Schedules> Pool - Set the run time from 12PM - 8PM
" ">Floor Cleaner - Set the run time to 5PM-8PM

Your SWG will be on from 12-8PM which is what I'd recommend doing.

I forget, do you have ScreenLogic for the EasyTouch?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.