Looking for SWG for a friend, please recommend

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
Helping my friend look for a salt generator. Looking for economical for the unit and economical cell replacement and something that is relatively trouble free unlike my Jandy Aquapure. He has no automation so that is not an issue. 10K gallon pool.

I'm very happy with my Pentair IC40, 3-1/2 great years. I will gladly get another when the time comes. The 2 to 1 ration works fjne in our pool, we can make all the chlorine we need.

I've had a Hayward (formerly Goldline) AquaRite AQR15 for over 10 years. My first cell lasted well over 7 years and cost less than $400 to replace. So, in a 19k gallon pool that is open year-round My chlorine cost works out to less than $57 per year. It is also probably the most popular unit among forum members, and can be had online for under $900.

I've had a Hayward (formerly Goldline) AquaRite AQR15 for over 10 years. My first cell lasted well over 7 years and cost less than $400 to replace. So, in a 19k gallon pool that is open year-round My chlorine cost works out to less than $57 per year. It is also probably the most popular unit among forum members, and can be had online for under $900.

I'm thinking of this one because the cell seems to last a long time and replacement cells seem to be inexpensive.

The Hayward is a good choice, better warranty than the Pentair and cheaper cell replacement. If you self-install the Pentair you only get a 90 day warranty compared to 3 years for the Hayward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.