Help Plaster Issue

badcrc

Gold Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
humble texas
All-

There was a lot of issues with our plaster WetEdge Technologies Deep Blue Sea, before filling it looked bad and streaked see pic

Here is a video of the streaking:

Wetedge 2/16 bad finish on Vimeo

It looks worse in shade then bright sun. FWIW. Im brushing twice a day but don't see it helping. Im doing a low alk startup per pool builder but have little faith that will fix it.

I submitted a warranty claim with wet edge. Pool builder commented trowel by hand causes this like its normal.

The builder is recommending today to do a low alk startup but I agree it's obvious not right. I think the pool should be drained an acid washed this is a serious bummer. The builder was pushing me off to wet edge who says it will work out over time naturally.

It is best to allow the PB to try what he recommends as a remedy. That, at least, means that he is acknowledging the problem.
If the low alk program is not successful, then other options can be tried.

You have documented the streaking with your post here on TFP. Nothing else you can do at the moment. But don't accept a long waiting period for the plaster color to improve somehow. Continue to demand a resolution and take notes on all conversations. Take pictures of all work conducted by PB.

It is best to allow the PB to try what he recommends as a remedy. That, at least, means that he is acknowledging the problem.
If the low alk program is not successful, then other options can be tried.

You have documented the streaking with your post here on TFP. Nothing else you can do at the moment. But don't accept a long waiting period for the plaster color to improve somehow. Continue to demand a resolution and take notes on all conversations. Take pictures of all work conducted by PB.

Thanks this is good advice. The PB company is large but doesn't seem to be in a rush. They pushed me to WetEdge which I just got a sales person (who's in bed with our pool company owner doing 350 pools a year in Htown. WetEdge sales person stated overtime give it a year it will work out. I agree with you push for a swift resolution.

My wife is mad and wants it drained and reacid washed but she stated she doesn't want to pay to fill the pool the 2nd time.

Im disappointed because noone from the pool company was around during plaster and acid wash, now since they have the money there less eager to respond.

I contacted one attorney I used for a replat issue (I had to replat the subdivision to get my pool). He's up to speed and specializes in construction arbitration and on standby.

Im hoping this will help someone. The result of the acid wash was positive. Within 10days it looked just about 100% better. I was real satisfied with it. I cant tell you how much acid per gallons was put in. Just happy it looks good.

No Acid Bath PH was lowered with water still in pool. I can take a video to demonstrate later. People all said a bath wouldn't work and it did. Just thought this was worth bringing up. Im not aware of a chemical besides Acid that went in. There was a bottle of spot remover that was added no idea of whats in that. Im just glad I'm happy.

Bigger fish to fry I've been shopping for big palms and working on landscaping and drains.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.