Pump question

May 26, 2008
I recently opened pool up and have it in good shape.The problem Im having is when i hook up the vacum it sucks all the water out of the pump.Ive try to open the vent hule on the hose and it still loses sucken.Any suggestion,I tryed to backwash the pump still same thing,the filter has to be on filter right?

I'm having a little trouble understanding your issue but it sounds like you are letting air get into the system somewhere in between the vacuum head and the pump.

If that's the case, it's called "loosing prime"

You must not allow any air to get into the lines anywhere along that path or the pump will not pump water.

im just not sure what the problem is.
Air is getting in. It may be in the hose that's out of the water, it may be sucking air in the skimmer, or it may be up around your pump strainer basket. It'll take some detective work but you are looking for a place where air is being sucked in.

You may be trying to pull more water through the vacuum suction than it's capable of-if so the pump will pump air and lose its prime. I know on mine I can not have 100% suction on the vacuum line-I have to adjust the suction valve so that suction comes also from the main drain in parallel with the vacuum skimmer. If all you have is two skimmers, than adjust so that more water coming from the skimmer w/o the suction vacuum

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.