When can I start to add chemicals into the pool after replastered pool?

Feb 14, 2016
San Diego, CA
Replastered our pool last month. It has been 20 days since we refilled the pool. Over the weekend, I used test strip to test water. All numbers was in right range excepted Chlorine level is almost zero. Yesterday, I notice there were air bubbles on the surface of water. They are like the bubbles float on the water in the bathtub after you take a bath. I only have chlorine and Hydrochloride Acid on hand. Order a Taylor K-2006 online last night.

just used strip to test the water. FCI: 0; ALK: 180; pH; 8.4; CyA: 40

What should I do?

What should I do?
You should start by reading "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. There you will learn what you should test for and why you are testing it.

Secondly, your strips are pretty worthless. Wait 'til your good kit gets in and by then you should know why you are testing and what the results mean. Post up your test results and we will all help you interpret them.

Thank you, duraleigh. I read the article about starting a new pool. I don't think the pool plaster guy came in everyday to brush my pool. I think they did a couple times in the first two weeks after replastered my pool. They keep the pump running for a few days and replace the filter cartridges. There were still dust came off when I brush the pool last weekend. I still saw some dust at the bottom of pool this morning. Now my 3 year old pump is leaking :(. Tried to fix it but couldn't loose the bolts (corrosion). May have to take it to somebody to get it fixed.

bdavis466, I think the pool company checked my pool for two weeks. Then I haven't heard anything from them since.

I was just wondering if it's time to take care the pool myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.