Digging Pool This Afternoon - Help Needed on Depths!

I filled my bathtub with 12 inches of water today and realized that it was exactly the depth I wanted for the 10 foot sunshelf, with the water over my lap and legs. But since I will be on a lounger (which I haven't found yet so I don't know their height), I am debating whether to have the sunshelf 15 or 18 inches. As I am a medium-sized woman, and we have a lot of big guys who say they want to sit in loungers on the sunshelf, I am inclined to make it 18 inches and if I'm wrong, vary the "experience" with the height of the lounger. Two questions - am I missing something? Does anyone have experience with an 18 inch sunshelf and how it impacts little children playing in it?

I am also trying to decide the slope of the 25 feet of shallow end. Should it be 3 - 4.5 feet? 3.5 - 4 or any variation of those? We expect to play volleyball in that area, but also want it comfortable for children to play and for the parents who will be supervising them.

Any advice appreciated!

I don't have a sunshelf but I have had little kids. I would go with 12" 1) because it's perfect for you as you mentioned and 2) 18" is deep for real little ones, 3) I think 18" is too deep for me :) (even though I won't be using it). Even a 5 yo who wants to sit and play with toys may find 18" too deep (mine would). Good luck. I'm sure it will be fantastic either way.

With chairs on the deck, 18" is my choice. If I were sitting on the deck surface, 12 inches would probably do, but who wants to do that? Have you ever sat out on a concrete patio or sidewalk for any length of time? Not very comfortable . . .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.