New pool recommendations, Sacramento,CA

I will begin self contracting my backyard pool and spa this spring. I have a family mrember and a friend who went through this and were successful. Just joined this forum today, and it is already very helpful. I decided to steer away from uv systems abd do a swcg. I think pebble tec or a comparable product is a good way to go also. Does anyone have a recommendation for a pool designer? Also, what can I expext to pay for a design? I downloaded the pool studio 2.0 trial version and can do okay it, but of course, want it to be a bit more professional than a first timedesinger can pull off. Any other palces to start would be welcomed as well.

Hi! I can't wait to see your pool design and help you spend your money!

Do your pool builders friends live close to you? How did they get their design?

I have seen designs drawn on napkins to grid paper. It is up to you how you want to do it. So long as you know the dimensions you should be fine with whatever you go with.

Kim

Welcome to TFP!
You'll find us very friendly and ready to help! There are a lot of Califoria folks here so I'm sure someone will chime in shortly, but I THINK they used a company called Pool Engineering or something like that for pool and engineering plans.

Friends and family did it 15 years ago and their designers are retired. I am just looking to get the ball rolling with a designer and subs. I have a contact that is a little unresponsive and was wondering who the people here would recommend. When you say "napkins to grid paper" do you mean that these can be acceptable for getting bids and for permits. If so I might as well pay the $95 per month for the Pool Studio software. I have already input my backyard, house, and basic pool design in just one evening. I believe I can learn enough to add steps, decking, and most of the major stuff. I do not know what to do with plumbing and electrical. Perhaps this would be left out as work to be done subs?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.