Need Help - Cannot clear cloudy/green water

These are the pool readings from 10:30am this morning:
FC 5
TC 5
PH 7.2
TA 80
CH 200
CYN 40
TDS 1300 (jumped from 400??? what does this mean???)

The water is blue, but still cannot see more than 2-3'. Now what do I do???

You can completely ignore the TDS test results. TDS stands for total dissolved solids. It is tested with an electronic meter. It is quite common for the meters at pool stores to be way out of calibration. Fortunately, TDS has hardly any effect on anything, so just ignore it.

It sounds like you have killed most or all of the algae. To be sure that you really kill all of it, I suggest adding another 10 ppm of chlorine to the water today.

It can take the filter up to a week to completely clear up the water after the algae is all dead. You should keep an eye on the filter pressure and backwash/clean the filter as needed.

It is also a good idea to brush the pool once a day while the FC level is high.

erivette,

We received your order @ 6:20PM Wednesday EDT....missing the 2:00PM cutoff for same day shipping so it shipped the next day, Thursday, the 21st via Fedex ground.

I don't have access to Fedex at the moment but you should've received an email with a projected delivery of probably Tuesday. Did you not get that email?

The filter is holding steady at 18psi. I will backwash if it goes up another 4-5psi. I will go add the bleach now, 3-182oz jugs of Clorox. Still have fingers crossed! Tell me, will it help or hurt at all if I add some clarifier that I have???

Duraleigh - I was not faulting the company for me not having the TF100 yet. I just wish it was here. I apologize if it sounded that way. I thought I had ordered it a week earlier, but got side-tracked and didn't finish. According to the fedex site, it will arrive on Wednesday.

I apologize if it sounded that way.
Absolutely no need. Fedex doesn't always do the best job of getting the emails out to the addressee and I wanted to make sure you got yours.

This won't help you but we are exploring shipping software that will integtrate with our store software and allow you, the purchaser, to select whatever method of shipping suits you best.....including overnight. It will probably be next year before we can afford it, tho.

Can you post another pic the way it looks today? Pretty Please!

Darn rain! :rant:

Check your numbers and if it's low, add more bleach. Are you still in the process of shocking?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's still drizzling here, but I went to check the skimmers (still empty by the way so obviously no debris in the pool) and the filter psi (about 19psi) and I noticed when I took the top off the skimmer that their seems to be a film on top of the water. I don't see it on the surface of the pool, just inside the skimmer. It was clear but it looked kinda like when you see an oil slick in water. I tried to feel it, but it dissipated when I ran my fingers through it. What could that be? Is that normal? Or is this something else causing more problems? AHHHHHHHHH :rant:

A small amount of "oil" in the skimmer is fairly common. It is usually organic oils from the debris falling in the pool, though if you have been swimming it can also be sun tan lotion. Chlorine will break it down slowly. Many people like to get a scum bug, or a scum ball, to soak it up.

erivette, keep doing what you are doing and open a bottle of POP :lol: You know, pool owner patience!

The POP can also be used with or without your favorite adult beverage :mrgreen:

Your kit will arrive soon and I am betting that even before then, you will be seeing some significant improvement!

I'm with Casey and the others, when it quits raining, give us another pic :lol:

I think it's the lil rubber ducky! I'd get him outta there right away! :shock:

J/K! :mrgreen:

I can see an improvement! When looking at the first pic and then the second, I can see the last step in the second pic! You are getting somewhere, even though it's not as fast as you want it to go! I can see progress! I think you should keep shocking while you wait for your test kit!

Can someone tell me the proper positioning for the jet to produce the best circulation? I was watching the little rubber duckie float around and it seems to stall in certain areas. I've also noticed while brushing that there are 2 main areas where I see the most algae cloud 'poofs' (technical term :shock: ) I seem to remember reading something about not seeing the 'wake' as it were on top of the water, but with mine you can. It also seems to go pretty much straight toward the center of the pool. I have looked and cannot seem to find it again. Does anyone happen to know?

Two words ... WOO HOO :goodjob: ... it's amazing what POP and the proper circulation can do ... I want to thank you all so much for your time and help ... I know I would have given up without you ... I have learned more in the last month than I ever did from the many pool stores ... THANKS!!!

Attachments

• HPIM1502a.jpg
    HPIM1502a.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 151

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.