How can I reduce particles getting to my DE filter Cartridge

Not sure where this question should go, but I will try it here. I have a DE filter. My pool is outdoors with no screen cover which is the way we like it, BUT, through the years I am getting to where I want to clean my DE filter less and less. I read something about filter socks for the skimmer baskets ? Is this a good way to cut down on anything and everything that might makes its way through the skimmer baskets and through the main pump basket to my filter cartridges ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I back wash like I should, but it seems between my cypress tree and a couple other trees that drop very small leafs, i am having to clean off my filter cartridges more than i would like. And every year those darn filter cartridges are getting heavier and heavier to lift out of the filter housing........Oh, and do those socks impede water flow to much so the pump is sucking air at times ?.............Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.