Concerned Contractor used wrong plaster color

I'm so glad you are now pleased with the water color. I highly suspect he used DB French Gray and Onyx as those are the only two besides Ivory and Premium White that are 100% in the white/gray/black color line. Our build was done with plain white marcite and DB Onyx to yield a poor man's French Gray (though very mottled which we love.) Does your pool have any mottling (areas of uneven coloration)?

Coming from his side, he's likely using exactly the same mix as he did on those other pools, and showing you exactly how they turned out. I'm sure it was frustrating for both of you. But a good PB will be able to clearly communicate that with you.

Time to be happy now and enjoy!

If you go though my build thread, you'll see where somewhere I put the bag mixture. Mind you mine was bags of white Marcite, Portland cement (white) and then some Onyx.

I can't say, if it is straight DB, because I don't know if Portland Cement is mixed in or if the DB already includes it. But the logic of white bags to black bags would seem to hold regardless, if you follow my train of thought.

Looks like this was my summary of the mix...

I'd say that it could have easily been another 1/2 or full bag of Onyx and not been too dark of a gray.

"So we ended up with the following mixture: 1 bag DB Onyx, 4 bags white cement, 7 bags marble dust per batch."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.