What's the correct filter size?

Feb 13, 2016
North Aurora/ IL
We got a pool last year and used the filter/pump that came with it intex 530. Its a round popup pool by Intex 12ft diameter x 3 feet deep. The filter did an okay job but I would like to get a bigger filter to help clean the water better. What would you recommend? Is it possible to get too big of a filter? I would like something that will move the water and clean it well. Last year, it didn't seem like you could really tell the water was pumping thru the filter, but I know it was, it was just not very powerful.

Recommendations for a filter/pump for this size pool.

Thanks! would like to have everything ready before pool season starts here in the Midwest so we're not scrambling at the last minute.

as we all say, the bigger the filter the better. It means more lapsed time between having to clean it.

You might look at something like the Intex Krystal Clear 12 inch sand filter and pump system. It would probably work with your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.