Skimmer and Return loactions

damb

Jun 10, 2014
toronto,on
Hi I'm about to order my vinyl pool kit (12'x24' rectangle) this week and I struggling on where to put my skimmer and returns, but more the skimmer. The winds come from the west so I know the ideal location is along the east side in the deep end however I want to put a sunledge in that location. So I think the best location for the skimmer would be just south on the sunledge. I think it's a good ideal to put a return in the sunledge and maybe 1 or 2 in the step.

Please any advice is appreciated

Untitled.jpg

don't think the depth is a factor at all, your just "skimming" stuff of the surface.

makes sense to be on down wind side.

only other thing I know not to do is place a return just upstream of your skimmer(s) thus blasting all the floating debris right by it. you don't have that issue but there may be an area of no flow just between that skimmer and the RHS seat return.

your supposed to be trying to create a flow in one direction or the other, yours would appear to be counter clockwise flow but the return on the LHS seat suggests otherwise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.