Clarkey

Feb 10, 2016
Qld, Australia
Greetings all from beautiful Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia!

On completion of my house build, I'll be a first-time pool owner, so have been web surfing to get some tips. I still have a few decisions to make on the pool. The concrete shell is installed (about 50sqm - not sure what capacity that is - somewhere around 75000L), and will be finished in pebblecrete, with travertine stone coping and surrounds.

When I have all the details to hand I will complete my signature, but the installer proposed a Hayward Pro-series sand filter, a Hayward Tristar pump, and a Hayward Puresilk PS25 SWG (I think he likes Hayward!)

Being an intro post, not asking the question here, but two of my ponderings relate to a late change to a copper-ion system (Enviroswim gets a good rap over here), and type of heating to install (leaning toward a 25kW Rheem Accent heat pump - as opposed to solar heating).

Will keep browsing....

Welcome to TFP!

Congrats on the new house and pool! Good times!

Hayward makes good products. I would make sure the Tristar pump is not a single speed pump, get a variable speed pump, or at least a two speed pump

Stick with the SWG, TFP does not recommend use of mineral, copper or ion sanitizers. More here, Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!!

Welcome! You can run a search on mineral systems and find that they just dont kill bacteria like chlorine will. You do not want get sick or make anyone sick by swimming in a pool that may look good but could be dangerous. Chlorine will take care of any algae and all bacteria. :goodjob: