LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I've been looking for used panels on places like Craigslist, and found a set that would fit well on the flat shade structure roof I have available -- 6 4x10 Heliocol panels, 8 years old, no leaks according to the seller, comes with connectors and brackets. There's no asking price, just "make an offer", so I'm trying to figure out a fair range given their age out in the sun etc. My first thought is wanting to start in the $500-$600 range, but I don't know if that's way too low or way too high. Any thoughts?

It seems lots of people in California are pulling down their pool solar heaters to make room for photovoltaic electric solar panels. So given that market the age of the panels, and prices others have paid on here for similar used panels I would not go over $50 per panel. Also make sure you get all those proprietary connectors and mounting hardware.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.