First time Tf100 test results

jerzeyrep01 said:
ok so i have added 4lbs of baking soda to now have a reading of 50.
I have also taken a TC test in the am and one after i got home from work monday and today.
Mondays reading were 3ppm in the am and 1 ppm in the afternoon
tuesdays reading was 5 ppm in the am and 2 ppm in the afternoon
does that sound good? and how much higher do i need t/a at this point? when should i test for cya again i added about 2.5 lbs on sunday.

That sounds like a normal FC loss for daytime with little CYA in there. You can test for the CYA on Friday at the earliest...In the meantime make sure your morning FC is about 6 so that the FC doesn't drop below 3. The TA is recommended levels of 70-90 so you're almost there! It does sound as you are doing the TA test correctly.

ok so my T/A is now at 80, so i think i'm good. My question is that is this something i have to monitor weekly or is it like cya where really like 2 times a season or so?

I added 2/3 of bleach 174oz to bring my TC to 5ppm (or at least thats the highest reading i can get with the taylor basic test that was included in the tf100 kit) I am assuming that i should have about a 2ppm loss by the time i get home around 5 in the afternoon

Wait until after you test, post the result and then we'll advise. I wouldn't add more until you know the result, reducing CYA means draining the water, so you don't want to overshoot your target, better to approach it cautiously. :wink:

Well my son has arrived. He was born may 1st at 3:46pm. 7lbs 7.9oz 21 inches long

100_2943.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Some updated tests;

FC: 2.5 (note: i will add another 2 ppm after 7pm tonight)
CC: 0
TC: 2.5
PH: 7.2
T/A: 80
CH: 40
CYA: 30
Temp: 73

I feel like for the past three weeks my pool has looked great, but i know there is some tweaking that i can do to these numbers, any info will be great. Thanks :party: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.