Las Vegas O/B New Pool

Jul 18, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Just getting our design finalized. What do you guys think? Wife thinks the swimmable pool area of 22x15 is too small but we really want a huge wet deck. Qinguy feel free to chime in!

*edit* bigger area and hot tub moved

- - - Updated - - -

wow that pic is really small, ill upload a bigger one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 225
Assuming you will be at 8' deep where the drains are located, then your slope will be 4.5' in 20', and that's if the transition begins at the bottom of the steps. If you have a flat section in the shallow area, the slope will be even steeper.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Greetings Wasteland-
I couldn't help but notice you are doing a O/B project here in LV. I as well am in the process and am looking for contractors to work with. Have you started the bidding process as of yet? If you have any contractor information you'd be willing to share I would not complain and I can certainly return the favor of some of the contractors I am getting bids from. Find a plumber seems to be the difficult one.

Your Project looks amazing. Which I had the yard space for such a entertainment friendly layout!

My last pool had a very steep to deep end...loved it....maybe not so good for children though.
One way or another, kids and pools always seem to get together. When they do, steep transitions are pretty darn dangerous.

I never regretted our reasonably shallow pool that had almost 300 sq ft of flat 38" deep water and then a very gentle slope down to only 6' deep.

so do you recommend 3'6" to 7' instead?

That would be your preference. Some building departments have very strict requirements on transitional slopes in pools due to slip hazards (especially with small children). I'm not certain about Vegas though. It would be in your benefit to make the deep end further to the left side of the pool so you have a longer run to get to the depth you desire.

You can see that moving the deep area to the left gives a lot more room. The second one eliminates the two shallow areas (same square footage though) and adds more room to the pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.