ProLogic vs OmniLogic

Nursenini

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 22, 2015
Bixby, Ok
We are currently slated to have the Prologic system but was wondering if upgrading to the Omnilogic was worth the extra $$?

What are the pros and cons of each system? I haven't been able to find a good comparison online. When I asked the PB, he only mentioned that the PL operated by remote and the OL operated from your smartphone or tablet.

Anyone who has experience with either system- your input would be helpful as I have zero experience with either one.

Thank you!
Denise

You have to ask yourself if you would prefer to be able to control your pool equipment off site (smart phone/tablet)? Or are you ok with controlling only in the vicinity of the house (remote). You could probably call Hayward and get answers to any other questions you have.

I believe that they are both Hayward products, or at least owned by Hayward (Goldline).

I have owned both products, and I still do. I had the Prologic PLPS4 installed with my initial build around May 2015. Loved it! Was able to control pumps, lights, etc. from nearby or half way around the world.
Hayward has an app for the Prologics and an app for the Omnilogics. Both can be controlled from anywhere in the world via your smart phone.
The only reason why I opted to go with the Omnilogic was I got it for a killer deal that I could not refuse. And to be honest the only difference between the 2 systems is that the Omnilogic is more polished and easier to setup than the Prologic and they do the exact same thing.
Hope this helped. If you have anymore specific questions let me know.
P.S.: I still have the Prologic PLPS4 if you're interested. :)

Reactions: Rob Snowden
I have owned both products, and I still do. I had the Prologic PLPS4 installed with my initial build around May 2015. Loved it! Was able to control pumps, lights, etc. from nearby or half way around the world.
Hayward has an app for the Prologics and an app for the Omnilogics. Both can be controlled from anywhere in the world via your smart phone.
The only reason why I opted to go with the Omnilogic was I got it for a killer deal that I could not refuse. And to be honest the only difference between the 2 systems is that the Omnilogic is more polished and easier to setup than the Prologic and they do the exact same thing.
Hope this helped. If you have anymore specific questions let me know.
P.S.: I still have the Prologic PLPS4 if you're interested. :)

Sorry for the long delay in responding!
Thanks for the information and the offer. We have already paid for the PL 4 system in our contract. I'm going to find out today how much the upgrade to omnilogic will cost me. I like the idea of using my phone or PC vs a dedicated remote. I'm gone at work for 13+ hours at least 3days/wk and would like to be able to check on the pool and make adjustments if necessary while I'm not home.

Any other tips or insight would be appreciated.

Honestly Hayward is trying to get the omnilogic installed as much as possible, I had my pool built last year and had the prologic quoted in my contract, but after researching the omnilogic I decided that is what I wanted. My pool builder switched me to the omnilogic for no additional charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to have my prologic (PLPS4) controlled remotely (with a couple addtl. parts) via the web or the Hayward app. Just like the Omnilogic. But I'm not sure if the PL4 would have that same capability using the addtl. parts. I would make a quick call to Hayward.
If you have minimal elements to control in your pool, either would do the job perfectly. It's just that the Omnilogic is a bit polished and more flexible if you were to expand your pool.
And if it's minimal to no cost to upgrade might as well go with the latest and greatest.

Honestly Hayward is trying to get the omnilogic installed as much as possible, I had my pool built last year and had the prologic quoted in my contract, but after researching the omnilogic I decided that is what I wanted. My pool builder switched me to the omnilogic for no additional charge.

I was able to have my prologic (PLPS4) controlled remotely (with a couple addtl. parts) via the web or the Hayward app. Just like the Omnilogic. But I'm not sure if the PL4 would have that same capability using the addtl. parts. I would make a quick call to Hayward.
If you have minimal elements to control in your pool, either would do the job perfectly. It's just that the Omnilogic is a bit polished and more flexible if you were to expand your pool.
And if it's minimal to no cost to upgrade might as well go with the latest and greatest.

Thank you for your input.

Are either of you experiencing any problems or glitches? Reviews aren't very plentiful or at least I haven't been able to find many.

With my Prologic I had no problems. It was very straight forward to program and the functionality was great. As for the Omnilogic, it's a little more involved when it comes to programming it and its functionality is good/polished but a bit confusing. But then again it has more flexibility and options than the Prologic.
Bottom line, I'm extremely happy that I got the Omnilogic, however this is coming from a "gadget nerd". Lol

I have had no problems with the omnilogic itself, once I set it last year it ran all year with no problems, there was a couple small hiccups, but not anything major. I highly recommend it, and I haven't even began to use all the features of it yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With my Prologic I had no problems. It was very straight forward to program and the functionality was great. As for the Omnilogic, it's a little more involved when it comes to programming it and its functionality is good/polished but a bit confusing. But then again it has more flexibility and options than the Prologic.
Bottom line, I'm extremely happy that I got the Omnilogic, however this is coming from a "gadget nerd". Lol

What did you find confusing about it? I'm not familiar with either system. I imagine my PB will set it up at start up for us.

Yes. The PB should set it up for you if you have it installed by them. I had it installed after the fact. So I was stuck with reading the manuals and figuring it out on my own. It's not that it's difficult to figure out it's just not intuitive. But once you have it setup and running, it works great.
I can't wait to open my pool! The water up here is 45 degrees. The second I see it hit 50 degrees, I'm opening it. Not to swim but to admire the water. Lol
I think pools are like tattoos. Once you get one you can't stop admiring it and wherever you move to you want another one. :)

Yes. The PB should set it up for you if you have it installed by them. I had it installed after the fact. So I was stuck with reading the manuals and figuring it out on my own. It's not that it's difficult to figure out it's just not intuitive. But once you have it setup and running, it works great.
I can't wait to open my pool! The water up here is 45 degrees. The second I see it hit 50 degrees, I'm opening it. Not to swim but to admire the water. Lol
I think pools are like tattoos. Once you get one you can't stop admiring it and wherever you move to you want another one. :)

Thank you for your input! I really appreciate it!

While I can't identify with the tattoo analogy, I also can't wait to admire the beauty of the pool in my yard this summer and beyond.

Oh I forgot to mention, if you are going to put in the Omnilogic make sure all your pumps and accessories are compatible with the OL. I had an issue with a pump but luckily I was able to resolve but with a lot of headache. So it might behoove you to have the OL installed by your PB from the get go just in case.

Oh I forgot to mention, if you are going to put in the Omnilogic make sure all your pumps and accessories are compatible with the OL. I had an issue with a pump but luckily I was able to resolve but with a lot of headache. So it might behoove you to have the OL installed by your PB from the get go just in case.

^^^^^^ this.... Very important. I ran into the same problem, a pool builder that was not familiar with the omnilogic and the VS pump I got was not compatible with the omnilogic, so I had it switched out with an ecostar pump, I only had to pay the difference between the two pumps, so it was not very much out of pocket, but still something to be considered. As far as I know only tristar and ecostar pumps work with the omnilogic.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.