New Pool Owner with a Question

Kmetz

Feb 8, 2016
Kingwood, TX
First, I'll start by saying hello to all! I have heard a lot of great things about this forum and hope to gain some worthy knowledge in the pursuit of managing our new pool on my own. A little bit of background... we just moved to the Houston area from Cleveland, OH, and our new (to us) home came with a lovely pool and spa. As far as the inspector can figure, the pool is original to the house (1991), but it has been replastered at some point, it has a newer pump (loud), a newer spa blower, and original heater (big and likely quite inefficient). The pool is about 16,000 gallons, and the spa can seat 6-8.
Ok, enough background, on to my first big question...
I have noticed that in some valve positions, like when I isolate the spa to heat the water faster, I end up with water in the ground around my pump and equipment. I then noticed that the PVC down pipe from the blower is perforated from about 2 inches above ground going down. Is it supposed to be perforated?! I have since witnessed water coming out of the perforated holes in some normal operating situations and this has me alarmed. I would figure a perforated pipe to be the last thing you want around any of your pool lines. I welcome everyone's advice!

Thank you!

Kevin

I can only venture a guess that the blower provided more air flow than what was desirable in the spa. This could have been a way to vent that excess flow. The blower lines are plumbed into a separate line so that's why you don't see water shooting out when the pumps on. Does it only leak a small amount of water when you shut the blower off?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.