Not quite under construction anymore. Just a few things to finish off.

Hi everyone. Recently finished my 48000 litre fibreglass pool in Melbourne Australia. Here it is from start to finish.

Picked the location. This looks ok.
01Before.JPG

02Before.JPG

Time to start digging......
03Dig.JPG

04Dig.JPG

05MeasureHole.JPG

06Screed.JPG

Shell has arrived. Time to get it in the ground.
07PoolArrived.JPG

08LiftPool.JPG

09LiftPool.JPG

10InTheGround.JPG

Time for some plumbing and other equipment to go in .

11Plumbing.JPG

My dear PB provided this crappy looking drain and mismatched covers. They even attached the drain to the pool with tech screws! Not happy. I'll fix these later.
12CheapDrain.JPG

13MismatchedCovers.JPG

It's not even finished yet and I've already got some unwanted guests........

14UnwantedGuests.JPG

Time to break out the bobcat to do some more landscaping and get the garden walls installed.
16LandscapingPrepForWalls.JPG

17WallPosts.JPG

And get the shade sail posts in. (I really should have drilled & painted them *before* installation.....)

18ShadeSailPosts.JPG

Garden walls done. Paving guy has started on the coping. I went with liquid limestone. (a poured limestone concrete)
19WallsDoneCopingStarted.JPG

20WallsAndCoping.JPG

Shade sail installed and the liquid limestone has been poured. It's a different color when first poured but sets to the same color as the copers.
21ShadeSailDoneAndLimestonePoured.JPG

Cutting the paving pattern in the poured limestone.
22CuttingLimestonePattern.JPG

23PatternCut.JPG

Getting the tiles sized and cut for the sun pod. I went with small glass mosaics. Probably pretty silly considering I have never done tiling before
24SunpodTilesTest.JPG

Now for the fun stuff. Time to install the water slide!! It's an SR Smith Turbo Twister. It came with dynabolts but, as the limestone is pretty soft, I went with 316 stainless threaded rod and chemset with domed 316 stainless nuts.
25SlideInstalled.JPG

Nearly done......
26NearlyDone.JPG

I had to fix those horrible mismatched covers. I ended up covering the bottom of poured limestone pavers in 3mm 316 stainless steel sheet and cutting a 7mm X 75mm slot to enable removal. I made a handle out of some 6mm 316 stainless rod. The plate, in addition to strengthening the paver, brought the total weight over 10.2kg which is the minimum required under the Australian Standards for non-locking skimmer box covers. The slot size also meets the Australian Standard ventilation requirements for skimmer box covers.
26SkimmerBoxCover.JPG

Here's the view at night:
27NightView.JPG

So we decided to have some friends over for a poolside movie night. The blue LED lights in the garden wall and the floodlights are all powered by a 12V deep cycle battery that's charged via a solar panel on the kids play house. (the play house also has LED lighting and an LCD TV, but that was a whole other project......)
28MovieNight.JPG

And here are a few other shots for good measure. (Excuse the mess. I haven't had a chance to clean up yet :D )

29DroneView.JPG

30DroneView.JPG

31DroneView.JPG

32DroneView.JPG

Reactions: saralines
LOVE it all!

I noticed the kid's playhouses from the start! LUCKY kids! The solar panel on the roof is an awesome idea.

LOL at the "holding area" for all of the pool toys!

You did good on the tile! Nice touch!

The matching skimmer cover=wonderful job!

THANKS for sharing!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.