Debating Stonescapes mini pebble color

Feb 5, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Hello,

My husband and I will be starting construction on a new pool at our weekend house in the country. The pool will be overlooking our lake so we have been having many debates over what color it should be. My husband's first choice was Black so it would blend with the lake; however, our PB warned against that and a friend finally convinced him not to go so dark because it's hard to see kids swimming. His next choice is Midnight Blue, but I still have some concerns with it being too dark. I just read a post about someone seeing a snake in their pool, which is a real possibly for us, therefore I am leaning more toward Tahoe Blue. But some pictures of the Tahoe look brackish.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with either color? Also, does the Puerto Rican blend lighten up the colors at all?

Thanks!

We need a nice picture of your site and lake before we could possibly comment!

That said, I've always felt the 'dark pools hide kids' comments seemed silly and untrue. But I have no real idea though. My pool is light gray and I've never lost my kids in it. So one vote for gray.

Helen - So true. I appreciate your choice to use the Smurfy example.

I've asked similar questions around here and the answer is "it depends." It's a very subjective question based on your environment and personal preferences. For example, I'm not keen on the Tahoe due to the green hue it can put off in certain lights. That might be desirable by some though.

I can't offer any opinion other than I like Stonescapes. I almost went with Tropics Blue.

Reactions: Vsteet
We went with stonescapes midnight mini pebbles with abalone shells 2 days ago and it looks amazing! I love the darker finish and it is clear enough that you can see the bottom of the pool. No dark or murky waters, just clear, sparkling deep blue water.

We went with a black bottom and it is great, we have no regrets. It is not murky, scary or any of the other ominous things people fear about black bottomed pools. I don't have any problem seeing the snakes that get in our pool. And I can easily see the screw heads in the main drain cover. It is a TFPC pool after all! It does make it very natural and interesting because darker bottom pools have a more reflective surface so the color varies a lot more depending the clouds, sky, etc. Lots of pics in my build thread, link in sig.

All this smurf talk and no :smurf:?!?!?

Smurf's 2 was on TV the other night...I was going to post a Viewing Opportunity alert.

So where are you on the decision? Don't leave us hanging...you can't just hit us with a question and run! ;)

4880db6e187c9378eb54d9460bbadf2b.jpg

Black pebble with gold rock, not murky or swampy looking.

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.