THis is how the spa guy told me to sanitize

Apr 21, 2008
After filling the tub ( 530 gallons) add 4 ounces of " activate" which is Potassium Peroxymonosulfate.

I also was given a " proclear stick" which is a mineral stick. he said the " activate" would get the proclear stick running.
ichlor
Then use the nature 2 stick and measure the MPS level and keep in norm rage with Potassium Peroxymonosulfate.

Once a week add some dichlor to keep a low chlorine residual.

Is there any merit to this way?

Or should I just start the dichlor to BBB method discussed.

he did not push chemicals on me in any way.

I also have an ozonator which came with the spa

thoughts?

This sounds very much like the "low chlorine" approach with Nature2 where it is mostly using N2 plus MPS with Dichlor shocking "as needed". It does work, but only if you maintain a high MPS level as documented here and only so long as the spa temperature is hot (100-104F) which it usually is, at least while you soak. MPS is not cheap and chlorine will do the same thing and probably be less irritating, though it will smell more.

Regardless of whether you use MPS or chlorine, keep in mind that you need to oxidize your bather waste. Your ozonator might help, but might also end up oxidizing some of the chlorine or making it outgas faster. If you didn't have an ozonator, then the rule-of-thumb is that every person-hour of soaking at hot (100-104F) temps requires 3-1/2 teaspoons of Dichlor or 5 fluid ounces of 6% bleach or 7 teaspoons of non-chlorine shock (MPS) to oxidize the bather waste.

Richard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.