Replacing pool surface in North Dallas-What color and surface choices

Feb 3, 2016
Carrollton
We are resurfacing our pool and deck. We were going to do the coping and tile as well, but the cost maybe prohibited at this time. My wife is looking for a deep Mediterranean blue type of color, Our pool is a 5 feet deep in center and slopes up on both sides one has a tanning deck and the other has steps. We also have a spa that spills into the pool. We have looked at various types of surfaces from Quartzscapes to Stonescapes mini pebble to pebble sheen. We would like a consistent color that does not look like specs on the tanning ledge. We have heard stories of Quartzscapes issues with inconsistent colors to the rougher feel of pebbles. We are looking for a smooth surface that pops deep blue when you look at it. Our backyard gets full sun during the summer. Pictures give so many varied results. We don't want to go as dark as a Midnight Blue or as light as an Aqua Blue. We want a rich blue with no aqua, black or red. We have seen pictures of what we want but no one can tell us the exact color or feel.

Thanks for any input and pictures.

After researching over the winter, I've concluded that a quartz finish won't give you as uniform a finish, visually, as a pebble finish. We decided here that mottling would drive us crazy (two engineers, need I say more?), and we're paying for the upgrade. That said, many people like the aesthetics of their mottled finishes. Its the box of 64 crayola crayons, everyone likes what they like :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.