New to pools, pls help identify components

aespinoza101

Bronze Supporter
Jan 30, 2016
San Bernardino, California
Hello All,

I took ownership of a home with a pool and looking for some help. I'm new to pools and have no idea about pool plumbing. I can identify the pool pump, filter and heater. However, there are a couple of components I'm not understanding. Furthermore, I don't know if this is a saltwater or chlorine pool. Listing agent had no idea, the home was bank owned. I attached two pictures. The first picture has two components which to me would look like pumps but they only have one like to them as opposed to an inlet and outlet. The second picture I'm assuming it is a check valve?
20160202_080559_1.jpg20160202_083821.jpg

Pool dimensions 40'x20', 3 feet shallow end and 7' deep end
Heater Pentair Mastertemp 400
Filter pump Hayward SP3020EE, Motor AO Smith ST1202, 2HP
Filter Hayward Pro Grid D.E Filter

The black cylindrical item on top of the pipe is an air blower. It is usually attached to the spa jets to boost performance.

The rusty thing near the ground is a pool sweep booster pump. It is designed to provide high pressure for the original "Pool Sweep" made by Arneson. If it runs, You can also use it to run a Polaris 180, 280, or 380 cleaner.

Yes, that is a check valve. If you ever need to replace it, buy one with attached unions for easy servicing in the future.

Welcome to TFP! You will find a lot of useful information on this site. The white arrow is pointing to an air blower for the spa. The red arrow appears to point at a booster pump for a cleaner of some type and the bulge in the piping is a check valve to prevent water in the spa from draining back into the pool when the spa is off.

Welcome to TFP!

I do not see a saltwater chlorine generator in the pics. Please update your location to include your state or country. Climate is an important factor when giving advice on pool care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.