Help me troubleshoot my pump

Jun 18, 2014
Glendora, CA
Guys,

I took the filter out the past weekend to clean(Unicel fg-1004). This the second time I have done this process. Anyways, the pool vacuum ran for 2 days until today. I checked the waste basket near the pump and water is not flowing. I noticed my vacuum "pool cleaner" is stuck (wheel is not spinning due to sand).

I let some air out of the pressure valve but without any luck. Whenever I opened the backwash, water would circulate normally. Plenty of water run through the pump (I can see it from the glass with the basket).

Thanks advance.
TT

Is there no water flow because the filter is dirty? Does cleaning the filter restore water flow? What is the filter pressure before and after cleaning? Often a rapidly clogging filter is caused by algae. Nothing clogs up a filter faster than an algae bloom.

Please give us more info about your pool and equipment so we can better assist you. More on updating your signature here, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

I cleaned the filter this past weekend. Right now its at 2 psi. Prior to cleaning the filter, it was about 8 psi. The tank is by Haywood (based on what I see here). The pump, the label is gone so don't know the brand, etc.

Can a leaky backwash valve caused this issue. I noticed a small drip there (never leaked before until this past weekend as I turned to the open position).

Is there no water flow because the filter is dirty? Does cleaning the filter restore water flow? What is the filter pressure before and after cleaning? Often a rapidly clogging filter is caused by algae. Nothing clogs up a filter faster than an algae bloom.

Please give us more info about your pool and equipment so we can better assist you. More on updating your signature here, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Low PSI suggests a clog or problem on the suction side of the system. You might have a clogged impeller.

As pooldv mentioned, post more info. How about posting a picture of the pump and/or the whole system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.