New to Pools and Under Construction in TX

Jan 31, 2016
Houston/TX
Wow has TFP been a wealth of knowledge. So much my brain actually hurts. I thought I knew how I was going to take care of the pool until I read through the pool school and many of the forums. I guess BBB method it is. :) We are using "a company" after reviewing several local pool companies friends have used. We settled on the one that took our drawings and put them into this vision.
stansel1 [10988].jpgstansel3.jpg

Golden Tumbled Travertine Coping, Travertine water line tile, Moss rock accents and trickle falls to give it a central Texas feel.
IGNORE the palm trees. Not a fan of palm trees no offense to those that do.

Stone work is beginning, yard is a mess and family is getting excited and impatient. :)
I'll post some picks after Stone work is done. Below is from a week ago after gunite.
Gunite1.jpg

I know it will take me a bit to get into a routine but I was wondering about how often and much liquid chlorine folks use for a 20k gallon pool that has heavy usage, lots of sun in Texas. Trying to figure what financial impact will be. Any places in Houston Area to purchase good quality liquid chlorine at a great price? Nice thing I do have going is the cost of water which will only cost $70 to fill the entire pool.

Look forward to more reading and joining in the forums.

- TxPoolRanger

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool! Looks great!

Most pools use 2-4ppm of chlorine per day. Use PoolMath to calculate how many ounces of bleach, at 8.25% chlorine, or liquid chlorine, at 10% chlorine, it will take to add 4ppm of FC to your pool. Then you can do the math.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.