PVC - Better than flexible?

Jun 1, 2008
North Carolina
I have been thinking about adding a liquidator to my above ground pool this year and from many of the posts on here I learned that it may be easier to install this if I had pvc piping. Right now I have the flexible tubes that came with the pool when I bought it used from another couple and we have only run it one season so far. I am wondering what would be the advantages/disadvantages to the pvc instead of my current set up? We have no heater or anything just the pump and filter. Thanks!

IIRC, the Liquidator requires you to drill holes into the PVC and attach tubing from the Liquidator to feed the chlorine into your system. Can't hardly do that with the flex pipe, although you could probably come up with an arrangement to use short pieces of PVC where you need the tubing attached, and use the flex hoses in conjunction with that.

Other than the need to drill the holes as mentioned above, PVC is in general a much hardier material than the flex hoses and can stand up much better to the rigors of everyday life. Having said that, I still use the flex hoses that came with my AGP. I find it gives me a little bit of leeway when setting up my pump and filter.

Ok, I have some pics. It may look unorthodox, but it works and everything is leak free. I am going to try a modification using larger tubing to see if I can increase the flow.

DSC00488-1.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00490-1.jpg

Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.