Is National Pool Wholesalers a reputable company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatcher

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2007
Raceland, Kentucky
I ordered a Kafko pool kit from nationalpoolwholesalers.com on May 16. It's now more than a month later and I am still waiting for parts of it. I am unhappy.

Every time I call them, they tell me to call Kafko. Every time I call Kafko, I get voice mail.

Anyone have experience with either of these companies?

NPW's website says:

Orders are normally shipped out the next business day after we have received payment. Credit card orders will ship the next business day. Checks and money orders need to clear our bank before an order is shipped. Orders not shipped right away may be due to a back order of merchandise. If there is a back order and the goods cannot be shipped right away, we will contact you. You will have a choice of a full refund, wait for the goods, or change your order. Orders are shipped from our warehouses on the east coast. Shipping time will vary from state to state. Normally orders will arrive to east coast locations within 3 days. Order to the west coast may take 5-10 days. This all depends on the freight truck routing. Inground pool kits will normally ship out in 5-7 business days because the liner is custom made for each pool.

The liner was the first thing delivered. I didn't get the walls until 6/18, and I am still waiting for a number of items, not the least of which is the installation documentation. If there was a back order I was never contacted.

I understand supply problems can occur, as can simple human errors. What I am upset about is (a) the company I paid my money to expecting me to deal with their supplier rather than stepping up to take care of it, and (b) the supplier not letting me know what's happening or when to expect delivery.

Sorry for the ranting but I am frustrated.

I can certainly understand your frustration.

I had a similar issue with a recent order. They all make you think everything is coming straight from one of their many super efficient warehouses. When they probably mostly drop ship from the suppliers.

Bump:

Gosh, I was thinking of ordering a new liner and wall foam from this place. Anyone else have experience with them?

I ordered my complete pool kit from them last year and put it up last month. Everything was there, nothing broken or damaged and it arrived fairly quickly. I had no problem with them at all.

My experience was good enough that I ordered a robotic cleaner from them today. (Now I have to keep my fingers crossed.)

Just a note about this company, after having extreme problems with this company I would do some more research before buying from them. This is my opinion. They have done some very unethical things durning our purchase and after. Under normal circumstances I don't believe in talking about a company or sharing any bad experiences on a public forum but after personally speaking and emailing with over 36 people in only one month that also have had major problems, I would hate to see anyone from this forum experience a problem. TFP has some of the nicest people around! If any other info or question please PM me. Thanks

Its also said, where one person complains another praises! But again, even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now an then!

Again this is my personal experiences and opinions and in no way a reflection of anyones opinions on this site!

Tim

Man, glad I searched for wall foam! I have spent a bunch of time on this site, but haven't been on in a couple of weeks, so I missed this thread. I was literally placing my order with these guys...not after this. I'll spend a few extra bucks, and actually get my product. Thanks!

I had also asked about this site and decided to PASS. I shopped around for best price on wall foam and found the best price taking into account shipping/handling, etc. when I ordered mine from NationalDiscountPoolSupplies.com Good luck with your search

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
sarge244 said:
I ordered my complete pool kit from them last year and put it up last month. Everything was there, nothing broken or damaged and it arrived fairly quickly. I had no problem with them at all.

My experience was good enough that I ordered a robotic cleaner from them today. (Now I have to keep my fingers crossed.)

I was going to order a robotic cleaner from them because their prices are very good. Did you get yours and which one did you order? Thanks for any info.

FWIW, I ended up buying my expandable liner, cove, etc. from Aqua-pool warehouse. They were the only other ones in that price range that carry the full swirl liner I wanted. Their prices were very similar to the NPW ones, no shipping, and I couldn't find anyone who had a bad experience from them.

Thought I would pop in here really quick after reading this thread. I did not see this before I order a set of Biltmore steps from them on Sunday. Once I read this later on I got really worried.

Well my steps came yesterday and seem just fine. I'll get them unpacked and put together tonight/tomorrow and hopefully all parts are there.

I got them within 2 days of ordering (excluding the Monday holiday of course) so service was plenty fast and their price for the steps and ladder combined was $265 shipped at least $50 less anyone else.

Greg

So far very happy. Although they are not in the pool yet, only assembled and sitting in my family room but they should be headed out the door to go into the pool tomorrow.

I should add all parts and pieces were there and everything was in good condition even though FedEx obliterated the boxes (I got the walk in steps and the outside ladder for our AGP -- no deck around the pool.

Greg

I have had ZERO trouble out of this company and I mention them a lot on here. I believe all companies have issues with customer service and it's just a matter of who you are speaking with over the phone. The pool place you purchase from is not the manufactor and just like purchasing a vehicle, the manufactor handles the warranty info. I had two minor issues last summer when we ordered our kit. The manufactor failed to put the hardware package on my kit, and I ordered a 2nd ladder which was shipped separately directly from the manufactor. National Pool Wholesalers called the manufactor for me on the hardware and handled the issue. My hardware was overnighted to me the next day. Sorry you guys have had trouble with them, but I have delt with good companies and bad ones as we all have. I wouldn't let my minor mishap ruin my dealings with them. Most of your locals order from wholesalers anyway. Thus the difference in price for the same product. Your localse ARE in business to make $$ and they get MSRP. Chances of your customized setup being on hand at their warehouse to start next day are slim to none, that's why some people have to wait weeks for a start date. Again, I am sorry that anyone has had trouble out of a company I had a good experience with and mentioned a time or two on here. I am a little emberassed about it :oops: . "Mumz the word" from here on though.

I ordered an Interfab Basketball system from them on June 5th. Their website said it would be shipped in 1 business day. It is June 17th and I still have not received it. I am having our inground pool installed this week. I need the anchors from the basketball set for when they pour the concrete. I emailed them several times and was told I would receive a tracking # when it was shipped. They also have billed my credit card. I have called and left several messages, and no one has returned my call. If I cancel my order, will I have to pay a restocking fee, even though they do not stock it?

I have had little trouble with this company. My only advice is not to use their ACH option when purchasing. They offer a 2% discount, but it is not worth the effort. It took much to long for them to send out the pool. I thought it would be an instant transaction but it took 3 weeks for them to send it out. They sell swim n play pools which are sketchy in my opinion but they where still $1000 less than some of the other bargain pools. My boxes where a little messed up but that I blame on the shipping company.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.