Is National Pool Wholesalers a reputable company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you paid via CC cancel the order and do not pay the bill, just call the CC company and let them handle it. Their not suppose to bill your CC until the item is shipped unless they tell you its a special order and requires prepayment.

:grrrr: I dont think this company is good to do business with. I placed an order with them and cancelled it an hour later after learning from them it MIGHT takes 3 weeks to receive my order. Anyway it took me almost a month to get my money back from them it only took them 5 minutes to take it from me.

Peggy

I absolutely would not recommend using this company. I purchased a complete pool package for a little over $4000.00. They advertise next day shipping. 6 days later I called and they still had not shipped it. When they did ship it the shipping company they used could not deliver to my home for and additional 7 days because their driver was sick. I had to go to the shipping company 40 miles from my home and pick up the pallet on a large trailer. Once I unpacked it, they did not ship the Armor shield, pool maintenance package, pool lighting kit or the closing chemicals that I ordered and paid for. It has now been over 45 days and they have still not shipped the Armor shield, maintenance package or the chemicals. I went to a local pool company and purchased these items so I could put my pool up. The customer service people are not helpful at all and just give you the run around. I am now going through the Better Business Bureau for assistance in getting a refund for the items they have yet to ship. If you use this company, GOOD LUCK is all I can say.

Tim45 said:
I absolutely would not recommend using this company. I purchased a complete pool package for a little over $4000.00. They advertise next day shipping. 6 days later I called and they still had not shipped it. When they did ship it the shipping company they used could not deliver to my home for and additional 7 days because their driver was sick. I had to go to the shipping company 40 miles from my home and pick up the pallet on a large trailer. Once I unpacked it, they did not ship the Armor shield, pool maintenance package, pool lighting kit or the closing chemicals that I ordered and paid for. It has now been over 45 days and they have still not shipped the Armor shield, maintenance package or the chemicals. I went to a local pool company and purchased these items so I could put my pool up. The customer service people are not helpful at all and just give you the run around. I am now going through the Better Business Bureau for assistance in getting a refund for the items they have yet to ship. If you use this company, GOOD LUCK is all I can say.

Did you not use a credit card? It should be a no-brainer to get refunded on the items that were never shipped. All of my CC companies will even do partial credits for that sort of thing.

Sorry for the trouble with these guys.

I too, had a very poor experience. No help for me, but I hope someone is able to read this and learn from my mistake. I purchased a pool cover on 11/3/10. The reason I bought it was because it had a 12 year (prorated warranty -2 year FULL warranty)
I put it on the pool, and within two weeks, a thunderstorm came through and the cover was COMPLETELY DESTROYED. One side of the cover ripped COMPLETELY down the length of the cover, ripping out the grommets, tie down straps, and the cord. The cover is described as follows:
# Hem double fold - 1/4" wide rope sewn in for added strength
# Non-corrosive grommets are used throughout the cover
# Water bag loops every four feet for in ground covers
# Double stitched hem with sewn-in polypropelene cord for added strength
yet, the cover SHREDDED within 2 weeks. When I called for a replacement, the representative (Justin) on the phone said there was NOTHING that could be done since it was weather related. He said the warranty only covers manufacturer defects. However, in my opinion, any cover that is destroyed that easily IS a manufacturer defect. All consumers should be warned of their products. I only felt comfortable purchasing this product because of the warranty, which turns out to be worthless.
I filed this complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

After one month I still have not received my steps,coping, diving board or answers. It was 3 weeks before I got part of my order.Coping was lost in transit and they continue to argue with Estes Freight. They were drop shipping pump,steps and diving board. The only people you can talk to is the internet sales group. If you order something from National Pool Wholesalers I hope you have better luck than I have had.
I excavated on May 23 thinking I would be able to start building .The walls are up and waiting for steps and answers to questions that I have. (chirp...chirp....chirp)

If you are thinking of purchasing through NPW, I would certainly take texasdad's advice...BBB has given NPW a D+ rating. In my experience of dealing with them, it is my opinion that a D+ is way too high. They earned straight F's in my book. Sent me broken parts, then refused to correct the issue. Hard to put up a pool when 9 of the 14 uprights they send you are broken.

However, there is a happy ending to my story...although NPW refused to do the right thing and replace these parts, the manufacturer (Trevi) was outstanding to deal with. After fighting for four days on the phone with the reps from NPW, I called Trevi and within 5 minutes of being on the phone they told me that they would send me new uprights. Which they did-shipped fedex at their cost.

NPW could learn a thing or two from Trevi's customer service.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
National Pool wholesalers are the worst, they charged me $3200 for a 12x18 oval pool kit, they couldn't actually provide the pool so I canceled the order, 3 weeks later I'm still fighting to get a refund. They constantly tell me that I have been cleared for a refund but it never comes through, I had to contact visa to try to get the refund and they agree that something fraudulent is going on here, I bought a pool from anther company who were $500 cheaper and the quality is fine plus they were a pleasure to deal with, with the savings I was able to buy better parts than NPW would have provided, do yourself a favor and avoid at all costs, with a bit of research you can get a better deal.

I ordered a SKU# SPNLMC
SmartPool NiteLighter Multicolor Light Kit with Built-in Timer the lowest price anywhere 87.00 ordered sunday got it today thursday not too bad and great price and everything was there and nothing broken or missing so tonight I am in the pool skinny dipping with all the girls now thats what I am talking about thank you National Pool Warehouse you saved me money and turned my pool into the party pool yeeeehaaaaaa!!!!!!

I had a very bad experience with them. I even called on the phone and spoke to them before my purchase to be sure I was getting the correct product. I ordered over the phone and reiterated I wanted the newest model with 2 spd pump and heater. When it arrived it was the old model. I called immediately and they told me I'd be responsible for all shipping to return. The shipping costs were too high to pay and have nothing. When filled the unit would not heat and leaked. NPW said I would have to contact the manufacture for any repairs. I later found on the internet that this older model had replaced the Balboa controls for others that failed regularly and had went back to Balboa. The unit I received did not have Balboa. The Tub has not worked since day one and after repeated calls to the manufacturer, it still has not been repaired as promised. I have had the tub for 8 months and have yet for it to heat-up properly so I could not even use it (for the last 3 months the pump will not even run). Make your own decision, but beware of this seller.

THIS COMPANY DOES NOT LIKE TO REFUND ANYTHING

I ordered a complete pool kit from this company and everything arrived in good order (a few missing parts). That part was great. I followed up that order with a few more odds and ends. Eventually, I purchased a pool filter for a fish pond. The filter arrived damaged. The company agreed I should receive a refund, but in lieu of handling that for me, they referred me to their distributor (that I'd never heard of; didn't buy from; and don't know). Rather than arguing over who should accept responsibility, I called the distributor as instructed. Of course, they referred me to National Pool Wholesalers. And the cycle repeated. We all know the drill. Ahhhhh!!!!!

I'm an attorney so I document everything. I took photos and copious notes. After two months of arguing, NPW agreed to refund my money. The problem is, I never got the refund. Since I'm an attorney, I decided to pull rank and threaten litigation. That email went out tonight. I will let you know how NPW responds. More than likely, they will pay the refund instead of losing a court case. That's unfortunate because I realize most consumers don't carry the "stick" I have. For me, lawsuits cost nothing. For the average Joe, lawsuits are time consuming and cost a fortune. I guess that's why corporations bully people and get away with it.

I have had an ongoing dispute with national pool wholesalers for the past several months. I would not purchase anything from them again and would not recommend anyone to purchase from them as well.

Fortunately I have not had any dealings with this company, but I will chime in here about how I handle any purchases from the internet or over the phone.

First and foremost, ALWAYS,ALWAYS, ALWAYS check out the company with the BBB first thing, and second, use a CC, the CC companies WILL work on your behalf, and always put you before the vendor.

If a vendor gets too many complaints, and charge backs from Credit Card purchases, they WILL either jack up the vendors CC processing fees, make them put up a big deposit to cover any potential losses, OR....Cancel their account.

As always Buyer Beware, but there are steps you can take to protect yourself.

Good luck to all having problems with this company, I wish you well.

I ordered a replacement liner for my above ground pool on 2 July, I was pleased initially as I received both emails and a phone call verifying the reason my billing address and shipping address did not match (just purchased new home). The liner shipped on the 5th, via Fedex and according to their delivery person was delivered on the 7th. Here is where it becomes a not so good experience so far, according to NPW and Fedex tracking systems the liner was shipped "no receipt signature required". I now can not locate the delivery, and Fedex is claiming that they left it in one of the outbuildings on my property (22.5 acres) both outbuildings are close to and in clear view of the house. The stated delivery time was approximately 9:00 am and my older kids were at home. I contacted NPW once I saw that Fedex claimed delivery successful and NPW initiated a trace on the liner. I received a call yesterday about lunch time from the Fedex 1-800 number and the lady I spoke with lead me to believe that the delivery guy may still have the package in his truck, and to expect delivery today. I received another call this morning from the local hubb (guy named Joey) that stated that the delivery guy had came by yesterday morning and located the door tag he had left when he delivered the package, he also stated that he had spoke with my wife yesterday and she told him that she had seen the Fedex guy talking to the man who is flattening my location (wife never spoke with the guy, nor seen the delivery guy or we would have spoke with him directly). End result is Fedex is telling me to make claim with NPW and see if they will ship another liner as they are claiming they are not responsible. I emailed NPW and attempted to call their claim #, however am getting a recording stating that they (NPW) are experiencing a greater than normal claim call volume.

My concern with NPW is why they word their shipping, receiving, return policy very clearly concerning how to sign delivery receipts and bill of laden to document damages but would then ship items "no signature required".

I will update once I get word from NPW on how we are going to handle this issue. As for Fedex, well after the viral video last Christmas of the computer monitor getting thrown over a 6' high fence, I guess we are just stuck with delivery people that destroy the things we order. I did inform Joey that his drivers could feel free to actually pull up to my side door and either ring the door bell or even set my deliveries inside my enclosed porch. :hammer:

Still waiting on word from NPW, they are telling me that they are currently waiting on Fedex to give a decision as to if they will pay for the lost liner or not. Getting a feeling that I will have to get the BBB involved and/or do a charge back and let them decide on what they want to do.

In my experience you should be very careful doing business with them. They sent me a pool cover that was labeled as if it was the size I ordered but it was 10 feet to short. The cover was the wrong size. Also in the same order two of the six water tubes I received had holes in them. When I called the company they said they are only responsible for sales not issues with the items. When I asked to speak with a manager the sales person transferred me the warranty department where there was no answer. If you value your money you may want to take it elsewhere.

Yeah, I have learned the hard way with them. From investigations with FedEx and NPW, it was FedEx that actually lost, misdelivered or whatever my liner. I have just gotten an answer from NPW a couple of days ago and their final answer is that if they offered a refund they would be out money and if they sent a replacement they would be out money for the product and money for shipping. I am not for sure on this one but they did state that the liner was shipped in an unmarked box, however a week after the claimed delivery date the FedEx driver remembered that the package he delivered to me was a pool liner. I thought this odd at first, as I am sure he had hundreds of deliveries within that time. I ordered another liner from either poolliners.com or leisureliving.com (both names were in confirmation email) and when this package was actually delivered I was home, and was walking out the door as the FedEx driver was leaving my driveway, the package looked like it had taken a bad trip through Iraq in a Hummvee and the banding straps were cut and laying by the box. I have sence had legal papers that had been sent FedEx that got thrown in my neighbors yard, so I guess the investigation really ticked this guy off. However in the end I did address NPW shipping and receiving policies versus how they actually ship, customerr support issues and their lack of offering any form of security/insurance on orders too small for freight. Their response was actually that I should consider having my packages delivered to a friend or family members residence and even then they will not offer signature confirmation (even at the customer's request and expense) :rant:

So, for anyone that comes across this post my recommendation with NPW is avoid them like the plague. They do have the cheapest prices on many items, but it goes back to the old saying... you get what you pay for. I paid around $30 more from the second company, I can not say for sure how they would have handled a lost delivery and was actually worried when I saw the condition of the box but no problems, finally got the family pool up in time for the nights to start dropping down low enough for my water to stay too cold, oh well there is always next summer and I will find a more reputable company to get my solar heaters from. :-D Will definately find a company that offers shipping options from here on out. Any FedEx workers out there, if you are a decent one please don't take offense, however my delivery guy needs a good old fashion horse whipping.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.