Pool Build In Norfolk Virginia

zaxs

Apr 30, 2011
So After many years with different Intex pools I am going In ground. I'm squeezing in a 12X30 and I have just 6 feet all the way around to the house and the property line and that's the minimum by code here in Norfolk. Hayward 250000 BTU Gas heater. Hayward DE filter. Hayward single speed pump and a Hayward T15 salt cell. and LED pool light. So in the process of removing half my patio they cracked the remainder of the patio under my hot tub so now I'm adding an In ground hot tub to the build and I am wondering about the PVC pipe to the Hot tub. Does anyone recommend insulating the PVC that's in the ground or using schedule 80 pipe for the extra thick walls to help from loosing heat to the ground? Also what's the difference between Aqua Connect and Omnilogic. I have an aquaplus goldline panel can I use Omnilogic or just Aqua connect. I don't have a base station on my panel yet so I'm wondering if there are different ways to go.

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• 0112161352a.jpg
    0112161352a.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 0131161243.jpg
    0131161243.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 142
Marina those are wrinkles. The PB is having a hard time due to the cold so his plan is to dive the pool to get the wrinkles out once we fill and heat it to 80. He said he has built over 1000 pools and he has done it before. I trust he knows what he is doing but I am worried but if he has to drain and start over I guess I'll be stuck with the water bill.:(

I would get it in writing that IF he is not able to remove the wrinkles with the pool filled HE is the one to pay for the new water.

Kim (I do not think he will be able to get the wrinkles out of a filled pool)

If you don't mind me asking, who is building your pool?

I also share others concerns about the builder being able to remove wrinkles that large once the pool is filled. It seems to me it would have been easier to wait until we had nice sunnyweather like yesterday and today to make the liner more pliable.

I would get it in writing that IF he is not able to remove the wrinkles with the pool filled HE is the one to pay for the new water.

Kim (I do not think he will be able to get the wrinkles out of a filled pool)

We had some small wrinkles when our pool was installed and the builder was able to remove them after it was filled (this was in March 2004). The smallest wrinkles they left alone and said they would work themselves out on their own once the water warmed up (they did come out like they said).

The PB said he is excited about getting the wrinkles out in my pool because he bought dive equipment and has not had a chance to use it yet. I will hold off on saying who my PB is yet until the final outcom. He has extra work that we have not written a contract on yet IE spa and expanding the paver patio and they guarantee the work will please me. Anyone have any experience with the hayward aqua connect?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.