Milky water in new tub

Hi, our old tub (a beachcomber 321) which we had had no real issues with despite our less than perfect maintenance finally died and we bought a MAAX Spa Elite series 4600 hot tub back in October.

The new tub is fitted with an ozonator and we were advised that it would need different chemical treatment than our old tub (in our old tub we used the Spa Pure line from Home Depot, Part A/B and shock and bromine puck dispenser)

With our new tub we were given a bottle of Aqua Easyshock and Natural Chemicals Spa Perfect.

We are on well water so our first task was to balance the alkalinity with muriatic acid.

With alkalinity and ph balanced we then started our chemical treatment and diligently followed the instructions from the installer. Which were two capfulls of the easyshock twice a week followed by half a capsule of the spa perfect once a week the day after shocking.

Everything has been fine until last week when the water started getting murky when the jets are on. We also had some foam which we dealt with using defoamer.

We also noticed that the free chlorine spiked after shocking (no surprise) but it was back to zero the next day.

I contacted the dealer who informed me that the installer had been fired for giving bad information and that I needed to be using a teaspoon of "Stabilised Chlorine Granules" every time we use the tub, and then to only shock maybe once a week. And that our sanitiser level was causing the issue.

We have finally got the free chlorine under control but we still have milky/murky water when the jets are on.

This is the water with the jets offuploadfromtaptalk1454283720059.jpg

This is the water after the jets have run for a few minutes.
uploadfromtaptalk1454283729434.jpg

We have checked the filter and it is dirty but we never had this issue with the old tub and the filters were generally dirtier than this one is when we changed them.

This is the filter, as I said we are on well water and our filters got generally dirtier in our old tub before we changed them and we never had this water issueuploadfromtaptalk1454283737257.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.