Vacuum hose gets pulled inside skimmer

Jan 31, 2016
los angeles,ca
Hi,
I have an unusual problem. Pool vacuum hose gets inside the skimmer and the motor makes loud noise. I need to get in there few times a day to push the hose away from the skimmer. I tried removing one link from the hose and that did not help. I tried the wait also, doesn't do a thing. The wait is $18.00, no good use of it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Welcome! :wave:

Are you saying you set the hose end into the suction port inside the skimmer while you're vacuuming and it gets drawn in?

If so, break out a tape measure and then go browse the plumbing aisle at the nearest hardware store. I made this out of a slip/threaded adaptor and a bathroom sink tailpiece. The thick piece sits inside the suction port but it's too wide to get sucked inside. Since then the tailpiece has broken and I discovered that the hose collar can be rammed into the threaded end of the adaptor and it works just fine.

attachment.php

Thanks. No, it is a regular automatic pool vacuum running at the bottom of the pool whenever the motor runs. The hose gets drawn into to the skimmer basket. I will post a picture of the problem soon and it will be clear what I am talking about.
Welcome! :wave:

Are you saying you set the hose end into the suction port inside the skimmer while you're vacuuming and it gets drawn in?

If so, break out a tape measure and then go browse the plumbing aisle at the nearest hardware store. I made this out of a slip/threaded adaptor and a bathroom sink tailpiece. The thick piece sits inside the suction port but it's too wide to get sucked inside. Since then the tailpiece has broken and I discovered that the hose collar can be rammed into the threaded end of the adaptor and it works just fine.

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah may be I can double the wait. I will post a picture. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.